all i can say is WOW

commando

Reaction score
first time i have ever played COUNTER STRIKE (any of them)

ok here goes. I hate it when people are nit picking over cs:s i mean cs:s is NOT hl2!!!! hl2 is going to be a hell of alot better then cs:s in graphics/phsics you name it! everything.

i have seen bits i have reported to valve like.

1) barrels going through dead bodies
2) dead bodies going through dead bodies

but that is it!

im not joking when i say this but i have ALL the settings on HIGH! as high as they get! and i dont get no LAG or GLITCHES! (the resolution i have it on is the second to highest)

this game is so fantastic! i love it to bit!

i know that hl2 is going to be SO much more better then this.... And this is so amazing!

also IT IS JUST A BETA! so i bet valve have already changed so much to it...

Also one more thing... This is not COUNTER STRIKE 2! it is the FIRST counter strike but with the source in it!

Thats really great, thanks for telling us.

commando said:
1) barrels going through dead bodies
2) dead bodies going through dead bodies
1. will always happen because barrels are server-side, and dead bodies are client side (although dead bodies should be effected by barrels, barrels won't be effected by dead bodies).

2. Probably won't be changed, although it theoretically could be (depends on exact net code method), since all bodies (i assume) are client-side.

There was a very lengthy thread on this a while back, i'll see if i can find this.

hmmm well far cry has bodies going over each other and not through each other!

i know it is the BETA so im not worried.

cs:s beta is amazing! the phsics are just AMAZING!

i keep dying because i keep playing with the TYRES rolling them down the hill! lol love it to bits

you can enable it so models don't go through each other, saw it here or at steampowered.com forget where it's a cl_ command

commando said:
the resolution i have it on is the second to highest
That changes from computer to computer so that's not really very interesting. At least not to me. I can only play games as high as 1280*1024 (the monitor can't go higher) but most games have an option to go to or above 1600ish. That setting crashes my computer. But I bet my 9800pro can handle higher resolution if the monitor could. so.... :)

i dont get it that ppl think that cs:s gfx are that ugly
and saying hl2 will be much better hl2 doesnt look that much better.

i think the games gfx are fine they look great.

How could you have played CS:S? Is it released. Sotty if I've missed something...

i also reported some bugs:
-crash when changing resolution when youre in a game
-purple/pink texture(layers) when activatin AA or AF
-suggestion for m249 so that you don't see bullets if you don't have any

for the rest it rocks!!

i'am really hoping they release aztec to the beta too

This game is so crazy that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about!

i have a 21"inch screen so i can go to the highest resolusion!
also u have a 9800xt 256mb 1 gig of ram (getting another 1 gig)

the game runs all on highest it is SOOOO SWEET and smooth! cant wait for hl2! and the final version of CS:S

EDIT: I should read the post x.x
:rolling:

TIIMMYY said:
This game is so crazy that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about!
Nice.
That is from Family Guy, right?

What card are you using to have it on full graphics? I'm hearing stuff from my friends that they were planning to upgrade, but it ran fine without.

i have...

GRAPHICS

Radeon 9800xt 256mb

1 GIG of ram (going to get another gig to be very sure hehe)

21 inch screen which helps to get the resolution up to the highest :D

and P4 3.2ghz Processor which helps a hell of alot as well!

commando said:
ok here goes. I hate it when people are nit picking over cs:s i mean cs:s is NOT hl2!!!! hl2 is going to be a hell of alot better then cs:s in graphics/phsics you name it! everything.

No, but CS:S is on Source engine. This is the first time we've been able to have a really good go on Source, other than the beta. And I'm not impressed.

iamaelephant said:
No, but CS:S is on Source engine. This is the first time we've been able to have a really good go on Source, other than the beta. And I'm not impressed.

It's a good thing Valve put CS:S beta out rather than HL:S (which is a direct port) or you would be really dissapointed; seeing the same HL1 models and textures again.
Point: It's the art and stuff that goes into the engine that makes a game impressive.

Sparta said:
Sorry to be an ass, but wrong forum
this is more of a reply to your sig. its just like high school all over again! i dont get to be in the cool kids group. haha just kidding. ill make my own "cool people list." with blackjack. and hookers.

iamaelephant said:

If you have a problem with the texturing, modelling, or mapping of a game, then you really should be lobbying your complaints against the graphics department. Just because CS:S doesnt really compare to other games doesn't mean the Source sucks. I mean, it's little more than Counter-Strike ported over to Source. If you expect something amazing, then your hopes are ridiculously high.

Hell yeah commando, rock on dude! screw all these nurds! lmao!!!

[edit]: just kidding about the nurds part. :smoking:

Styloid said:
It's a good thing Valve put CS:S beta out rather than HL:S (which is a direct port) or you would be really dissapointed; seeing the same HL1 models and textures again.
Point: It's the art and stuff that goes into the engine that makes a game impressive.

Quoted for emphasis about artwork and engines.

Smawg said:
Hell yeah commando, rock on dude! screw all these nurds! lmao!!!

[edit]: just kidding about the nurds part. :smoking:

LOL thanks man! i hate it when people diss the game.

IT ISN'T COUNTER STRIKE 2!!! it is CS:S so it is basically JUST CS.....but with the S (source) added to it :D.

hl2 will have the source plus the graphics, phsics animation story the lot added onto all that!

I mean when hl:s comes out what do u expect? i expect half life.....with source.

HL2 on the other hand i expect more then hl with source

I love it to death too...and the graphics in HL2 are about twice as sharp. Just run the stress test :D Beautiful.

I don't like how people act like it's supposed to be bug free, this is why betas should only be for select people :D And for a beta, it doesn't have a huge amount of bugs. :p

This is what people are like...they BEG to death for something, Valve gives them something better, and then go and complain like they are owed something.

Dumbos.

Back