All players are black silhouettes. (Graphical problem?)

M

makoblue

Hi there,

After about a week of playing CS: Source with no problems, recently when playing a game all people playing are just black silhouettes, like the screenshot below.

This happens with all of the maps.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

untitled8kc.jpg

Dont play custom maps like that...

Maybe redownload css?

i have this problem sometimes and in officiel maps to like dust 2 the boxs and the top of the buildings for me though not the players if i leave the server and rejoin sorts itself out though

Rejoinging a different server doesnt work.

However, I reinstalled counter-strike and now its ok. However, some unofficial maps I go on mess it up again so I have to reinstall again.

A tad annoying but at least I know how to sort it now.

I think it's your videocard. my old geforce 2 did that.

lol when i saw this thread i thought this guy must be colour blind

but you might want to set you graphics settings to low everything
if it already is get a new video card

it is most likely only 2 things, the game itself or your videocard drivers (or both, or a hardware issue with your card)
do a clean reinstall fo your vid drivers, if it happens again do a clean reinstall of vid drivers AND cs:s, if it keeps up its something more complicated

It happend with me so what i did was only close the game and start it again. Then every thing is fine i think it is a videocard problem

This usually happens when you play a custom map. To fix this, at the menu open the console and type: sv_cheats 1, then type mat_fullbright 0. This should fix it, and if it starts happening again just repeat the above.

Back