All right..time to give in to consoles..yes...I said Consoles

dream431ca

Reaction score
Ok people..a little taste of reality for ya. Even though all you PC buffs out there are confident that PC's will still stay PC's..they will not. Consider this situation:

A big corprate company wants to expand it's market but there is no more room for them..Microsoft, Sony and other large companies are holding a very large part of the market and making sure they stay on top. What is this company to do?? They manufacture PC's and they are in danger of losing the whole company....then they get an idea...what if they asked Microsoft or Sony (and Nintendo for you fanboys out there :E), if they could make a deal with them, to allow...lets say XBOX games to play on their PC. No emulation required. Essentially you have Part of the XBOX built in on the PC. Now you have lets say a super console, in which you can access the internet, type on a keyboard, use a mouse, and upgrade it ( like graphics cards and sound cards) for XBOX games and PC games. Lets say it was a success. What do you think sony will do after that?? You think there just gonna watch this monster of a company make all the money?? Well that wouldn't be sony then, so they also join up with a computer company, and before you know it Consoles and PC's are joined to together into one huge massive entertainment wonder. (And if Nintendo's still around), they might do it...or because of their ignorance they might not...just like they are being ignorant now.

Face it people...sometime in the future, the console and PC will become one. Ahhhh....but you say "if that happens, won't the PC's swallow up the console because you no longer need a controller to play the games on the console??" Of course not. Microsoft and Sony (and Nintendo) are not that stupid, they don't wanna be swallowed up by some other company, so they create a microchip inside a computer that detects XBOX games, and that switches on a latch (a electrical latch) that connects the XBOX hardware to the PC system. So you still have to buy XBOX games and Sony games in order to play them on your massive entertainment system.

Also some company might make a fully customisable XBOX or Sony system (with their permission of course) so you can change the graphics card, sound card and everything but it's still a XBOX or a Sony console system. Who knows, it could happen.

There is one downside to this...the PC buffs will never stop their whining and complaning about this. They will never accept it.

Unfortunatly for the PC buffs this is bound to happen. You guys can flame me all you want but just remember, the day this happens, I can say..."I told ya so!" :E :thumbs:

KagePrototype said:
You people act like consoles are evil. :p

HA..I was trying to warn all the PC buffs out there that the console will eventually join the PC. Not one of these 2 things are evil..unfortunatly some people think so.

dream431ca said:
Now you have lets say a super console, in which you can access the internet, type on a keyboard, use a mouse, and upgrade it ( like graphics cards and sound cards) for XBOX games and PC games.

Uh, isn't that really just a PC then? I mean, PCs emulate just about every console out there now, so one might argue that they have already merged, though fanboys, flamers, trolls, and corporate mouthpieces would have you think otherwise.

In the immortal words of the great Chuck D., "Don't believe the hype!"

It seems pretty stupid then...just get a PC...

But it seems more attractive to people who don't want to pay $3000+ for a working-right-out-of-the box computer or don't want to use a security hole-filled OS...

There is something that seperates them. It's that Consoles do games yet PC's do everything. If a console was designed to do PC tasks without being limiting then it would not be a Console anymore.

Consoles are designed and programed to do games and nothing really else. They don't worry about compatibility because they don't allow for anything to be changed. If you are talking about a box that does mostly games but can do other stuff and be upgraded then we are talking about a simple PC and not an expanded console...

Asus said:
There is something that seperates them. It's that Consoles do games yet PC's do everything. If a console was designed to do PC tasks without being limiting then it would not be a Console anymore.

Consoles are designed and programed to do games and nothing really else. They don't worry about compatibility because they don't allow for anything to be changed. If you are talking about a box that does mostly games but can do other stuff and be upgraded then we are talking about a simple PC and not an expanded console...

Nothing more needs to be said, this person wins the thread and we can all go home for Tea.

I'm sorry, I know this will cause nothing but trouble, but for me and all the other fanboys out there, I've got to say it. DON'T BASH NINTENDO!!!!

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87519

Even Gabe thinks that all the super ultra graphics and multicore processors are being blasted at people making them think the consoles are going to be godlike, when in reality they are headed for trouble. I think the Revolution is taking the best path to the next generation. (I know the Revolution specs aren't out yet, but I think its safe to assume the Rev isn't going to be dual-core.)

But back on track, I think one day PC's and consoles will be one. There will be a virtual war online where PC gamers will be going ballistic, but it's still going to happen. Console gamers probably won't care that much, as long as they get to play their Halo 7 and GTA: Mega Violent Terrorist Sex games.

dream431ca said:
Also some company might make a fully customisable XBOX or Sony system (with their permission of course) so you can change the graphics card, sound card and everything but it's still a XBOX or a Sony console system. Who knows, it could happen.
Um....that would make it a PC.

I think this idea is too hypothetical to be worth anything.

And face it, the next gen consoles are all basically PC's running their very own kernal and perhaps OS (like how PS3 is supposed to run an unaccesable version of Linux).

People in offices will always use PCs. And in their lunch breaks, they will always play games on them.

:dozey: Consoles are sooo utopian, PC's have more variety.

dream431ca said:
Ok people..a little taste of reality for ya. Even though all you PC buffs out there are confident that PC's will still stay PC's..they will not. Consider this situation:

A big corprate company wants to expand it's market but there is no more room for them..Microsoft, Sony and other large companies are holding a very large part of the market and making sure they stay on top. What is this company to do?? They manufacture PC's and they are in danger of losing the whole company....then they get an idea...what if they asked Microsoft or Sony (and Nintendo for you fanboys out there :E), if they could make a deal with them, to allow...lets say XBOX games to play on their PC. No emulation required. Essentially you have Part of the XBOX built in on the PC. Now you have lets say a super console, in which you can access the internet, type on a keyboard, use a mouse, and upgrade it ( like graphics cards and sound cards) for XBOX games and PC games. Lets say it was a success. What do you think sony will do after that?? You think there just gonna watch this monster of a company make all the money?? Well that wouldn't be sony then, so they also join up with a computer company, and before you know it Consoles and PC's are joined to together into one huge massive entertainment wonder. (And if Nintendo's still around), they might do it...or because of their ignorance they might not...just like they are being ignorant now.

Face it people...sometime in the future, the console and PC will become one. Ahhhh....but you say "if that happens, won't the PC's swallow up the console because you no longer need a controller to play the games on the console??" Of course not. Microsoft and Sony (and Nintendo) are not that stupid, they don't wanna be swallowed up by some other company, so they create a microchip inside a computer that detects XBOX games, and that switches on a latch (a electrical latch) that connects the XBOX hardware to the PC system. So you still have to buy XBOX games and Sony games in order to play them on your massive entertainment system.

There is one downside to this...the PC buffs will never stop their whining and complaning about this. They will never accept it.

Unfortunatly for the PC buffs this is bound to happen. You guys can flame me all you want but just remember, the day this happens, I can say..."I told ya so!" :E :thumbs:
This is entirely wrong again. You're saying consoles will essentially become PCs, therefore no need for PCs. You forget that that Microsoft makes the most widely used operating system in the history of mankind.

With these "pc consoles" you're talking about, will come internet browsing etc etc, yes? Are Sony and Nintendo going to be able to keep updating their console PCs to stop viruses, will they update their browsers that ship witht he console to stop viruses? Will those browsers be kept up to date with CSS standards etc, etc? No.

PCs will always be seperate, and like now, there will be a whole base of users using them to make games like BF2 and WoW for.

Also, a deal will never be made between Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to make all their games run on one system.

it will never be a developers intention to let its users to upgrade consoles because consoles are made for the casual gamer who doesnt want to fuss with that stuff and just wants to be able to play the game just as well as the uber rich guy they are playing on the internet and it consoles were to be able to be upgraded then we would get a hl2 situation where the game is clearly made for one companys parts and not anothers

[SARCASM]Okay imagine this.

Okay, imagine this company makes a new console with this in it:

Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4
Processor 540

Memory
512MB Dual Channel DDR2
PC-4200 SDRAM 533MHz

Hard Drive
160GB 7200 RPM
SATA w/8MB Cache

Graphics Processor
NVIDIA GeForce™
6800 GT 256MB DDR3

Sound Card
Intel® High-Definition Audio
with 7.1 surround sound

Then take they regular PC case since it won't fit in the XBOX.

Then they make it "moddable like a PC"

Then they add cool features like Windows XP and the internet.

Who's gonna want a PC then??????[/SARCASM]

Oh, wait... (click)

You do realise that what your actually saying is that CONSOLES will dissappear, not PCS. Since a big PC that can also play xbox games certainly doesnt sound like the PC losing to me!
Also, what your saying will never happen and im willing to put money on it, since essentially what your saying is that the market will once again be divided into "get this to play these games and get that to play those game", which it is actually going AWAY from at the moment (with newer consoles getting bigger and more capable, games companies are doing the sensible thing - releasing PC/Sony/Xbox games, thus maximizing their market.)

I guess what im trying to say is that i am superior to you in all ways imaginable and have an e-penis the size of the eiffel tower.

Yeah, what you're saying is that consoles are slowly going to turn into PCs. :rolleyes:

The story about big companies controlling the PC games market is true, which is why japan stays with consoles where they can get somewhere.

Now you have lets say a super console, in which you can access the internet, type on a keyboard, use a mouse, and upgrade it ( like graphics cards and sound cards) for XBOX games and PC games.
So a PC with a conroler port?

So a PC with a conroler port?
We already have them. USB ports can be used as them, and then there is the Game Port for older joysticks and such.

Minerel said:
We already have them. USB ports can be used as them, and then there is the Game Port for older joysticks and such.
Yes I know, I have an adaptor for the PS2 controler, but I mean...:bonce: it doesn't matter, I'm too tired.

I find this thread absoultely asinine. The PC will not die, you are an absolute asshat in my opinion. They've been saying that time and time again but guess what? It keeps on growing!!! OMFG :O Look, the X-Box is NOT a super console, it cannot replace the PC and never will, unless it becomes one. And if you knew anything about consoles, you'd know that the PS2 is the strongest selling console, not the X-BOX. Most console fans DO NOT like the X-Box. Every single person that has been a console fanboy, i show my PC, and no i do not have a super PC, but the reaction is the same everytime. "Holy shiz this looks a lot better than my PS2/X-Box." I have literally gotten 5 people to go out and buy gaming PC's after they've played a few times on my Comp. The PC will NOT die. I mean WTF are you on right now? Web surfing on a X-Box using your damn controller to type?

*Looks at Dreadlord's PC stats and throws-up

DreadLord1337 said:
Sorry, I'll be upgrading soon.

Haha...:x Upgrading!!!???...you Can't do anymore upgrading!! Are you rich or something?? That's fantastic!! Lend me some money..please?????...oh all right. If you upgrade that any further, I'll throw up too!

dream431ca said:
Haha...:x Upgrading!!!???...you Can't do anymore upgrading!! Are you rich or something?? That's fantastic!! Lend me some money..please?????...oh all right. If you upgrade that any further, I'll throw up too!

Nope, not rich, I just spend a lot. I was thinking about larger hard drives. Not sure what else is possible..

DreadLord1337 said:
Nope, not rich, I just spend a lot. I was thinking about larger hard drives. Not sure what else is possible..
I just gawt a 3000+ lawl~!!!1

DreadLord1337 said:

I don't think you need much. ATM, that system will take anything you can throw at it. Wouldn't be surprised if you could run TWO timedemos for TWO DIFFERENT games at ONCE, without any performance drop.

Try play HL2 with a D3 time demo running while taking a 3Dmark 05. That's a record breaker for ya.

compared to my system that thing is a god and would beat mine just by poking it

Asus said:

100% Agreed.

Back