All the new rock sucks

dream431ca

Reaction score
I hate the new rock they play on the radio now..I much prefer the older stuff like AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen.....The worst new rock band IMO is Creed. :x :x They were so bad..thank god they broke up....another bad band I think is incubus....boring.

Just my own opinion but Most of the new rock just sucks..it seems that the new people are just interested in making money and not making good music...this doesn't mean I hate all new rock..I like Train and some of evanesance among a few others.

Do you people like old rock...new rock...no rock at all??

I like some of Creed. One last breath, higher and maybe 1 other song...

But the likes of Metallica won't come for a long time. Their music was motivated by rage and anger, it was an outpouring of emotion from the threat of imminent nuclear war in the 1980's. Hatred of corrupt governments etc. It was all about sticking it to the man in truest sense of the word.

Van Halen....are there still kids out there who sit in their rooms playing guitar all day? One day....someone will rise from the ashes of the current music industry and blast out some tunes the likes of which HAVE NEVER BEEN HEARD!

And they shall call themsleves Tenacious D. No...actually. That's been done.

But seriously. It's just a cesspool of shittery. Interestingly society is getting completely screwed up once again with the threat of terrorism etc....the seeds have been planted....surely some new rock bands will emerge and speak to us through pumping riffs and lyrical genius.

(whilst typing this i was listening to Cemetary Gates by Pantera....****ing mad song!)

I recently discovered the Slipknot CD entitled "Vol.3 (The Subliminal Verses)". In my opinion one of the kewlest CDs ever. I beleive that it showcases their talent as musicians. Also has some really really kick ass head banging songs.

*EDIT* "I've got 5 terrorists heading south on Backalackadacka street!"

Indid, I use to love Linkin Park, Hybrid was such a good album, Reanimation was great also, Meteora was just about money.

I'm listening to Hoobastank now, pretty good, but the lyrics suck big time.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Chevelle, etc... what about them?

Listen to Spud. He knows of what he speaks.

Also, Radiohead is technically rock, and they are great. Same with the White Stripes.

don't worry...as soon as NiN releases their new stuff, all will be better ;)

ah yes...gotta love the NiN. Currently i've been listening to Muse, there pretty good.

well at least one person is taking steps in stoping bad music
www.youahvebadtasteinmusic.com

i have two friends who do nothing but play guitar today. one of their bands almost had a deal with a record company(not sure botu name, but was only a medium sized company). but at the last minute they pulled out saying "Your guitar work is too complicated to market"

over-complicated guitar can be a chore to listen to sometimes and doesn't necessarily mean its good.

anyway i dont like the rock thats come out in 2k. all my favorite rock bands peaked in the 90s. we need another 'nirvana' to kick the shit out of the current scene

The UK has some great rock bands surfacing, and are thankfully not carbon copies of The Darkness. Bands like Kasabian, Sikth, The Music, The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Amplifier, Oceansize, to name a few.

With many artists it's pretty easy to say they're only in it for the money. But there are others that will go in that direction musically without profit in mind, Incubus for one I think are really into the creative side of things, but that's not to say they won't sound a little monotonous at times. SOAD for one sound like they 'sold out' a bit on Toxicity, but I still loved it.

Creed disbanded months/years ago. It's Alter Bridge now.

How do I know this? I don't know. :|

dream431ca said:
....another bad band I think is incubus....boring.

I agree with most of your post but how can you say that incubus are boring? They're one of the more original bands out there today, thier sound is distinct and yet very varied. I can understand if you don't like them, everybody has thier own taste in music but calling them boring has me totally confused...

Oh and there are plenty of good rock bands around these days - not necessarily what you hear on MTV though. Too many people are living in the past and convincing themselves that music isn't as good as it used to be as that appears to be the fashionable viewpoint.

"Maybe the music isn't dead
Maybe we just forgot what it f***ing sounded like"

- Alexisonfire, Get Fighted

KagePrototype said:
The Music, The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Amplifier, Oceansize.

Listen to this man, he speaks truth. I recently got the new Music album, Welcome to the North, and it's bloody great. Same can be said for Amplifier (who I saw live in Aldershot a couple of months ago) and Oceansize (who I'm seeing live in Southampton next month).

There's plenty of good stuff out there, and more arriving every day. You just have to look, and not sit back and expect the large record companies to serve it to you on a plate.

Hm I agree with what some of you said but there is some good ones out there Id suggest: murder by death, muse, tool, NiN, Rob zombie, Marilyn Manson and jetplane landing. All good stuff.

I listen to a real mix of old an new (From CCR and Dylan to Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse).
I just picked up the new Greenday album and I have to say its genius. They revived the idea of the rock opera and have created something totally unlike anything they've ever done. Its just outstanding music.

Matthias said:
I can understand if you don't like them, everybody has thier own taste in music but calling them boring has me totally confused...

heres the thing tho...if a person does not like a particular band, than obviously that person will think the band in question is boring...so a person calling a band "boring" is a taste in music.. just happens that u disagree :)

Rock doesn't suck. You're just out of the loop.

Go do some research, stop talking about Creed, and try and make this thread again.

since this is an opinion thread, ill state mine.
bands that dont suck: radiohead, oasis, the strokes, the white stripes, the hives, black rebel motorcycle club, the verve, the shins, go listen to the beatles right now.
bands that do suck: slipknot, disturbed, hoobastank, evanescence, puddle of mud, creed, their new band, breaking benjamin, shine down. just about any american rock i hear every time i turn on the radio in a constant 10-songs-that-suck-loop.

Muse! They are great. Dunno if you would class them as rock though

Dr. Freeman said:
if a person does not like a particular band, than obviously that person will think the band in question is boring...

Not necessesarily, when if I describe a band as boring it would be because what they're doing tired, repetitive, or nondescript. You could dislike a band for being to heavy for example.

ductonius said:
I wonder how many of you know the horror that is Nickleback.

ahhhh something we can agree on, I'm embarrassed that they're canadian

ductonius said:
I wonder how many of you know the horror that is Nickleback.

Great, thanks. I only just managed to surpress any memory I had of them, and you come along and resurface them. Typical.

:p

Listen to this man, he speaks truth. I recently got the new Music album, Welcome to the North, and it's bloody great. Same can be said for Amplifier (who I saw live in Aldershot a couple of months ago) and Oceansize (who I'm seeing live in Southampton next month).

There's plenty of good stuff out there, and more arriving every day. You just have to look, and not sit back and expect the large record companies to serve it to you on a plate.

Yup, people really need to actively search out new bands, especially the ones that major record labels usually ignore. Bands tend to be more exciting and less derivative on independant or self-funded record labels. I find it a shame that bands sometimes have to actually form their own labels just to get some music out, like Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster or Atari Teenage Riot, because no one takes notice of them otherwise.

Zerimski said:

My god Welcome To The North is godly :)

Look into The Driven too

ty HotSoup :D

WOW Kageproto! Didn't know anyone knew sikth but me!! :D
Never heard of those other bands tho..are they like sikth? brilliant ****ing band :D

kaf11 said:
bands that dont suck: radiohead.

till the latest 3 albums, then they decided to suck, err i mean branch out and be progressive. 90s had radioheads real sound though imo

Yea, I guess I'm among those who prefers listening to older rock music. Led zep, deep purple, van halen, rush, etc. Good stuff as compared to the mainstream crap they are playing on the radio.

However, I think Incubus is great, or at least, among the better modern rock bands. Their drummer is good. And they have a very original sound.

ComradeBadger said:
My god Welcome To The North is godly :)

Look into The Driven too

ty HotSoup :D

I was listening to The Driven when you were just about getting into the Spice Girls ;)

Zerimski said:
I was listening to The Driven when you were just about getting into the Spice Girls ;)

and I was listening to Tom Jones when you were a sparkle in your daddy's eyes ;)

Zerimski said:
That's nothing to be boasting about ;)

actually my psychiatrist recommended I talk about my traumatic memories with people :E

poseyjmac said:
till the latest 3 albums, then they decided to suck, err i mean branch out and be progressive. 90s had radioheads real sound though imo

i know where youre coming from. my favorite records of theirs are the bends and ok computer. their experimental stuff is very different, but to me is better than a large majority of the stuff thats out there now. hail to the thief made a pretty good return to their earlier stuff i think.

dream431ca said:
another bad band I think is incubus....boring.
For that, you will be flogged with a WET CARROT while hanging upside down FROM YOUR EARLOBES!

Incubus is great! System of a Down is also good - both are innovative and fun to listen to, and both excel in musicmanship.

Though I do agree, most of today's rock is incredibly bland and generic - there's no creativity.

I know my opinion of good music is different from everyone else, but I'm really into Bon Jovi music. Such a broad range of songs - gotta love 'em. 'Someday I'll be Saturday Night' - describes me down to a T. Ohh, and I'll get branded a soppy git for this, but 'Always' is one of the best songs ever written.

-Angry Lawyer

Back