Alyx and Freeman???

L

lil_fred333

Ok... with Alyx and Gordon there was obviously some... I dunno... "eyeing" going on there. Many get the impression that Alyx likes Gordon... but if he worked back at Black Mesa with her dad, you'd presume that Freeman and Alyx's dad were'nt that far arpart in age at the time correct? So 10 years or what ever has passed, and Freeman hasn't aged a bit, but although he looks great, Alyx doesn't know about how he was kept in "slow time" or "alseep" or whatever, so shouldn't she presume that he just looks shockingly good for his age? So then why the hell is she hitting on a good looking guy who's suposidly her father's age?! Am I making sence? Perhaps I'm wrong.... but.... ARRGG!!!! Stupid sub-love-plot-story lines! :frown:

It doesn't have to make sense.

Love is supposed to boggle the mind.

She's around twenty. Gordon is about twenty. Or thirty, if you count the stasis.

I don't see what's so incomprehensible.

Because it's entirely unfeasable for them to just be friends. Can't happen. Any time a lady and a fellow don't hate eachother, it means sex and plenty of it.

Stasis stops you from aging pretty much.

Technically you are older, but your body says otherwise... therefor Alyx has no reason to care. For all she cares, Gordon could have come from the stone age.

- Also, it makes sense that the developers would throw in a little mush into the story for the player (not Gordon), so that the player can have some tight leather jeans to stare at and a cute black girl who pretends to like you.

Makes people like the game a little more.

lil_fred333 said:
Ok... with Alyx and Gordon there was obviously some... I dunno... "eyeing" going on there. Many get the impression that Alyx likes Gordon... but if he worked back at Black Mesa with her dad, you'd presume that Freeman and Alyx's dad were'nt that far arpart in age at the time correct? So 10 years or what ever has passed, and Freeman hasn't aged a bit, but although he looks great, Alyx doesn't know about how he was kept in "slow time" or "alseep" or whatever, so shouldn't she presume that he just looks shockingly good for his age? So then why the hell is she hitting on a good looking guy who's suposidly her father's age?! Am I making sence? Perhaps I'm wrong.... but.... ARRGG!!!! Stupid sub-love-plot-story lines! :frown:

is it a really 'love' again?! well i have not liberty to say...

come on what chick wouldn't want to get it on with a 21st century messiah

Oh and another thing.. how do you explain barney not getting any older too, perhaps Eli was old all along..

special-ed said:
Oh and another thing.. how do you explain barney not getting any older too, perhaps Eli was old all along..
Kind of hard to tell if Barney got any older at all. You know, the whole problem of the Barney of 10 game years ago being a low poly, 256x256 textured clone and the new one being sexed up more than a document advising the UK to go to war.

Are there people out there that are wondering if Link and Zelda have had a try at playing doctor, or are these topics just focused on HL2?

well link and zelda after all these years sence zelda for nintendo to the new zelda coming out for game cube and all the other inbetween and in this day and age, there is no doubt some major woopy with them as for gordan and alyx he hasn't really aged to much sence he has been in the space time continume or whatever that the gman has him in so he really isn't that old i think the better question is, is gordan going to cheat on his wife cause you know he has a kid from the first hl when you open his locker and see the picture.

eatbugs said:
How many times have we heard this before?

not including battlefrank or lil_fred333 : 2047

so many questions that are basically, same.

lil_fred333 said:
So 10 years or what ever has passed, and Freeman hasn't aged a bit, but although he looks great, Alyx doesn't know about how he was kept in "slow time" or "alseep" or whatever, so shouldn't she presume that he just looks shockingly good for his age? So then why the hell is she hitting on a good looking guy who's suposidly her father's age?!

Gordon = 10 years frozen, Alyx

Fry = 1000 years frozen, Leela

Your argument is a bad one.
Case closed. :thumbs:

In the final half-life, Alyx will take Gordon on Jerry springer and tell him she's been sleeping with a combine soldier and she's carrying his baby.

How do I know this? I know all.

Gordan=27 Alyx=21 thats 6 years apart. Gordans 37 counting slow time.

11 years ain't that bad i know a couple who have a 30 year age gap. Freaky.

Eli was significantly older (50 vs 20, maybe?) than gordon at black mesa, and gained another ten during stasis.

Ahh, what happened to just enjoying a great game and not getting hung up on all the small stupid details.

Everyone beat it and is now milling around wondering what to do next.

Eios said:
well link and zelda after all these years sence zelda for nintendo to the new zelda coming out for game cube and all the other inbetween and in this day and age, there is no doubt some major woopy with them as for gordan and alyx he hasn't really aged to much sence he has been in the space time continume or whatever that the gman has him in so he really isn't that old i think the better question is, is gordan going to cheat on his wife cause you know he has a kid from the first hl when you open his locker and see the picture.
As terribly formatted, phrased, spelled, puntuated, grammaticized as that is, he has a point. In hl1, ther eIS a photo in your locker. Can someone dredge up a screenie to confirm who/what it's a photo OF?

Dracarys said:
As terribly formatted, phrased, spelled, puntuated, grammaticized as that is, he has a point. In hl1, ther eIS a photo in your locker. Can someone dredge up a screenie to confirm who/what it's a photo OF?
It's obviously an easter egg - a picture of a developer's daughter. Freeman is single and most certainly not a father: It says in the manual that Freeman has no dependents so he will be housed accordingly. If you want to read more into it than it being an Easter Egg, it could be the child of a family member or friend.

kupoartist said:
It's obviously an easter egg - a picture of a developer's daughter. Freeman is single and most certainly not a father: It says in the manual that Freeman has no dependents so he will be housed accordingly. If you want to read more into it than it being an Easter Egg, it could be the child of a family member or friend.
Either that, or Freeman's the child in the pic.

When I play half life and see it, I just pretend its a picture of Alyx Eli gave him when she was somewhat younger.

ok

ok... fine. I guess you're all right. It really shouldn't matter, I mean they're all digital people right?

Wasn't Barney like, every where in hl1? Or did just all the gards go around saying, "hey gordon, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer!" Speaking of which... This is kind of funny:
http://www.quirkybastards.net/halfpark/half_park004.html

It's Half Park. Half Life meets South Park... I found it on axident while googling for cheats. Wow... I can't spell.

Any way... another thing that has been bothering me (but really shouldn't, and therefore makes me an official geek) is that Gordon was a red head in hl1 but now has brown hair??? Or are the pictures just all messed up when it comes to continuity? *twitch* bothers me.... I mean don't any of you people have those little tiny details about a game which just get on your nerves??????

well, if that really fails, then we could make it about gordon falls in love with his crowbar, he pastes eyes and one of thise fake plastic lips on there. "I LOVE YOU CROWBAR"

Roland Deschain said:
Ahh, what happened to just enjoying a great game and not getting hung up on all the small stupid details.
When did we ever do that?

Hi battlefrank, what are you doing here and how long can we expect your spam?

ríomhaire said:
Hi battlefrank, what are you doing here and how long can we expect your spam?

that was kinda mean. being branded as a spammer is very disturbing...

yea really, i have enough problems in real life, like the ****ing gay guy who wants to **** me, out of everyone else, SO YEA THATS MORE DISTURBING THAN THIS

the last thing i need is you shitting all over my opinions, ive been here already

But he -is- spamming.

But then, i guess with a title like that, you're just inviting it...

Jintor said:
But he -is- spamming.

But then, i guess with a title like that, you're just inviting it...

you don't know... you just don't. :(

btw, i want that Radiation report ASAP.

obviously, in the game everyones like "gordon freeman is god" so what girl wouldnt like a god, as far as the HEV suit goes, i tried making my own, it sucked.
cardboard boxes for the body, arms, legs, and head, and a hl screenshot with the indicators cut off and placed on the edges of the head, i went around and people laughed at me, i was too stiff to hit them, i was indestructible to hits, but someone tipped me over when i was crossing the street. i was stuck there for about 45 minutes until me and my poor homemade HEV suit got ran over by a car. I had burnt up in there or something the doctor said and my leg got ****ed up. if i ever find out who tripped me. ill ****ing kill him.

wonder what other people are like...

hmmm... making home made HEV suits, arguing about the story line. We are so definatly geekily obsessed. *sigh* I wonder how... normal people play this game. You know... peopel with lives who see the game in the store and go "ha! that looks cool" and play it casually on week ends until the finish it, then go on with their lives normally until a new game comes out.

Do those kind of people exist? Or does the radiation and brainwashing waves from computer games turn every one into game junkies?

hmm.... yes. Thank you for answering my question. By ignoring my post and not answering my question... you are obviously saying that Yes, I am a loser. Fine. I'm a loser. SO WHAT! I'll go crawl in my dark damp hole now.

lil_fred333 said:
hmmm... making home made HEV suits, arguing about the story line. We are so definatly geekily obsessed. *sigh* I wonder how... normal people play this game. You know... peopel with lives who see the game in the store and go "ha! that looks cool" and play it casually on week ends until the finish it, then go on with their lives normally until a new game comes out.

Do those kind of people exist? Or does the radiation and brainwashing waves from computer games turn every one into game junkies?
They envy us. They must, no other logical explanation can there be.
*puts on his "Nerds do it rarely"-shirt*

Back