Alyx and G-Man

leib10

Tank
Reaction score
With several previews mentioning a developing relationship between these two characters, I'm just curious as to what you all think will happen between them. Will G-Man capture Alyx and use her as leverage against Gordon? Will it turn out that Alyx is also in the G-Man's employment? Will G-Man turn Alyx into a sex slave? What?

I'm fairly certain the resistance hired Gordon in Half-life 2. There are many, many hints throughout the game and the most important is that the Vortigaunts made a pact with Eli, and through them I believe he contracted Gordon. In Episode 1 the contract had been fulfilled, but the Vortigaunts plucked Gordon from Gman without Eli's knowledge ("You found Gordon? That's impossible..").

In Episode 2 the resistance are going to feel the ramifications of this and I suspect Gman uses Alyx as a conduit to communicate with Eli (she obviously also knows about Gman, hence her and her fathers No! in Dark energy).

I'm fairly certain the resistance hired Gordon in Half-life 2. There are many, many hints throughout the game and the most important is that the Vortigaunts made a pact with Eli, and through them I believe he contracted Gordon. In Episode 1 the contract had been fulfilled, but the Vortigaunts plucked Gordon from Gman without Eli's knowledge ("You found Gordon? That's impossible..").

In Episode 2 the resistance are going to feel the ramifications of this and I suspect Gman uses Alyx as a conduit to communicate with Eli (she obviously also knows about Gman, hence her and her fathers No! in Dark energy).

If that's the case, then why did the G-Man get upset that the Vortigaunts freed him from his grasp, as it was clear that Gordon would continue in his mission against the Combine anyway. Also, what would the Resistance have to offer the G-Man for the use of his prize possession? Their teleport technology is the only thing that comes to mind.

i think gman will attempt to capture alyx, stopped by gordon. Gman then goes to find eli.

Although the "Alyx abducted by G-Man" situation is possible, and it would be easy for the player to take his mission of rescuing her with gusto, it doesn't really sound sinister enough. I could go with the fact that the Resistance hired Gordon through the G-Man, although I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't tell him they did. As for Alyx being a conduit, I don't see why the G-Man couldn't speak with Eli directly.

If that's the case, then why did the G-Man get upset that the Vortigaunts freed him from his grasp, as it was clear that Gordon would continue in his mission against the Combine anyway.

A contractor does not necessarily condone what the people who approach him are doing. Gman has other offers towards the end of Half-life 2, he is obviously not interested in providing anymore aid for Earth, or indeed the war against the Combine.

As for Alyx being a conduit, I don't see why the G-Man couldn't speak with Eli directly.

It isn't likely he'd just waltz into White Forest.

That sounds pretty plausible to me. I'm just wondering what kind of payment the Gman and his employers would accept. I mean, it has to be something the resistance can deliver.

It isn't likely he'd just waltz into White Forest.

Why not? It isn't as if he's incapable of it or really has much reason to be afraid of anything, seeing his unnatural powers.

A contractor does not necessarily condone what the people who approach him are doing. Gman has other offers towards the end of Half-life 2, he is obviously not interested in providing anymore aid for Earth, or indeed the war against the Combine.

That's understandable.

Why not? It isn't as if he's incapable of it or really has much reason to be afraid of anything, seeing his unnatural powers.

That's understandable.

He did "waltz" into New Little Odessa, didn't he? And Black Mesa, for that matter.

No doubt something to do with Aperture science.

Well, Portal takes place around 2002, about 20 years before Gordon is freed from stasis. Perhaps the time in between was spent developing local teleport technology (explaining Aperture Science) which is used as payment to the g-man for the services of Freeman.

I'm not sure though, it would seem there is nothing the g-man really needs.

Well, Portal takes place around 2002, about 20 years before Gordon is freed from stasis. Perhaps the time in between was spent developing local teleport technology (explaining Aperture Science) which is used as payment to the g-man for the services of Freeman.

I'm not sure though, it would seem there is nothing the g-man really needs.

Nothing the Gman really needs, except maybe another employee? Is it possible that in exchange for renting out Gordon for a few days, that his payment would be in the form of Alyx?

Of course Eli wouldn't sell his daughter though, so maybe he sent the vorts to save Alyx from the explosion before the Gman got to her. What Eli didn't expect (aparently) was the Vorts deciding to bring Gordon with them too. It'll be interesting to hear what they all have to say about this...

And I don't think the Aperture Sci Lab has anything to do with the Gman. Possibly a similar relationship as Black Mesa, but I'd highly doubt anything beyond that.

Well, Portal takes place around 2002, about 20 years before Gordon is freed from stasis.

And where do you get this info?

Just because they said they were using 20 years-old technology doesnt mean the game itself is 20 years ago.

Well why would the G-man need local teleportation it seems that he already has the power to alter time or at least cause a slow teleport it seems to me that he wants something more valuable.

And where do you get this info?

Just because they said they were using 20 years-old technology doesnt mean the game itself is 20 years ago.

The Aperture Science website. After you login you see the operating system was copyrighted in 1982. A note within the site mentions how the test subjects are using 20 year-old equipment.

Check the Aperture Science thread for all that stuff.

V-Man points out something new

If you look carefully in his appearance in Route Kanal, a vortiguant is watching him on the Tv, and hes powering with his electricity.
It also appears that G-Man is talking on the Tv.
I think this strongly implies that the vortiguants have hired Gordon Freeman from G-Man or are at least in league with him to some extent.

I think the connection between the two is that Eli probably hired the G-man and since Alyx is Eli's daughter maybe he will be trying to do something to her to get Eli's attention I don't know we will have to wait until ep2 comes out.

Theory

I have a feeling that the Gman will be using Alyx as leverage to get Gordon back, and some how Eli finds out and goes after the Gman ending in his death.

Just killed 2 birds with one stone.

With several previews mentioning a developing relationship between these two characters, I'm just curious as to what you all think will happen between them. Will G-Man capture Alyx and use her as leverage against Gordon? Will it turn out that Alyx is also in the G-Man's employment? Will G-Man turn Alyx into a sex slave? What?

Alyx is G-man's Daughter, and she your sister :x

Throughout Ep1, I noticed that a lot of the time, Alyx didn't need Gordon all that much. She was doing fine by herself. Maybe the G-Man employs her, making her first mission to assassinate Gordon. *gasp*

Far-fetched. Impossible. I know. Nevermind.

I absolutely wouldn't mind fighting a evil/combine'd Alyx.

Add some barrel roll animations for her, and she'd be an excellent boss npc :p

She'd be pretty easy to kill, unless they upped her health again.

I know its a little off-topic-ish, but what if, agreeing that Eli is the one to die, that G-Man is one to kill him?

It is clear that the G-Man does not care about Alyx as he left her on the citadel to die at the end of 2, but maybe he had forseen that the vortigaunts would save her. Then again he could have just saved her himself as it would save him the trouble of retrieving her later on so i believe that she is unaware of him and not in his service. Eli could well be aware of him and I am starting to believe that the resistance somehow hired Gordon from the G-Man but i'm always left thinking, what could they possibly offer him as they don't exactly have much to start with.

From what I understand so far, Alyx is a very important investment to the G-man that he plans to capitalize on in the future (most likely in ep3). There's something very important about Alyx to make her apart of the G-man's plans.

I know its a little off-topic-ish, but what if, agreeing that Eli is the one to die, that G-Man is one to kill him?
I can't see the GMan doing anything that overt. He's more a stop-time-grab-people-and-disappear sort of guy.

Seems to me that the vortigaunts are somehow indirectly aware of the G-Man or at least aware that Gordon is not just looking at random spots with nobody standing there. This brings up the G-Peep from CONCERNED, a comic about the half life and death of Gordon. What exactly does the G-Man use to teleport around? Is he aware of where he can be and what time and place that is? G-Man is one of the weirdest, morbid characters that is never fully explained, for reasons unknown.

Aw' that's all a buncha' hoopla anyways...

11372_3d.jpg

It occurs to me that antlion larvae are exceedingly common in the caves. Unless they want you to collect a large number of dead larvae giblets, I think we're going to kill us some Antlion King.

Incidentally, spoiler tags need a button in the quick-reply box.

Back