Amazon.co.uk HL2 Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.com says October, amazon.fr says November... funny aye?

I know exactly when it's coming out...

October 17th.. I was told by a salesclerk at EB :D

Shesh, when will this ever stop!!!

October 17th.. I was told by a salesclerk at EB

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You think some idiot cashier clerk knows what he's talking about?

Play.com & gamesplanet.co.uk both have it at 30th September!

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You think some idiot cashier clerk knows what he's talking about?

it would seem you're the idiot

Local store here in NZ (Gameplanet) recently changed their date to December...........

Play.com = 30. September '03
Gamesplanet.co.uk = 30. September '03
Amazon.co.uk = 30. September '03
Amazon.com = October '03
EBgames.com = 14. November 2003
Amazon.fr = November '03
Gameplanet NZ = December '03
Gamesmarket.com.au = 12. December 03
NVidia PR = Februar '04

This should make very clear, that stores have NO CLUE AT ALL

My God. I'm getting confused with all the release dates out there.

My EB in Australia says the 9th of November. Obviously stores have no idea peoples...

The store i'm buying from still have 2003-09-30 as releasedate. :)

Sales d00d from Harvey Norman in Australia, reakons it went on sale 2 months ago and sold out. Thats why they got no copies.

bleh.

LOL @ Sunbeam

Now Harvey Norman guys have no bloody idea that's for sure.

But i have 2 good friends working at harvey norman and they are cool. They find it a bit odd that they have not recieved no form of promotional stuff for hl2 yet...

Harvey normal in the biggest rip off for ALL electronic gear. they market themselves as the leader in games and systems....sucha rip off....so bad. I bet your friends are cool though kamakiri:)

Well, when I have a copy in my hands will be round about when I start knowing for 'definite' when its going to release. A gold announcement of the game would indeed help things along.... but means nothing, it could go gold now and they still might not have the time to get it out the front door, or it could go gold in a week and still make it in stores for the 30th (though thats very unlikely :D) I think Valve are just working 24/7 on the last little bit of ironing, hoping to make a gold announcement as soon as possible, but not giving anything away for the simple reason that they haven't finished it yet and they're still trying to get it onto the assembly line in time. If it was finished, there would be no reason not to announce it. I can't imagine how many zealous emails Valve get from fans each day, they must know how pissed off the community is getting in places. (the impatient ones :D) A similar thing happened when the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo was on the way, months and months of 'we want teh demo' spammed across their forums. The demo finally came out, the entire internet broke (honestly) and their forum disappeared off the face of the earth for 12 hours. The next day, every 'we want teh demo' forumer was back online, complaining about the game or some aspect of it. The point is, if you build it up too much it'll never live up to the hype. It does indeed look amazing, and I'm buying a raddy 9800 just to play hl2 :) just give it time.

Originally posted by FriScho
Amazon.com = October '03
Amazon.fr = November '03
NVidia PR = Februar '04

Well, it's definately coming out on the 7th of November.

How do I know this?

I've just averaged all the release dates above.

Originally posted by FriScho
Amazon.com = October '03
Amazon.fr = November '03
NVidia PR = Februar '04

bol.com = 21 November '03 :dozey:

Originally posted by Feath
Well, it's definately coming out on the 7th of November.

How do I know this?

I've just averaged all the release dates above.

Genius!

In my personal opinion, I think Valve will pull what they did with Half Life 1. They will probably announce it going gold a few days before Sept. 30th (being sometime next week), and then have it on store shelves by 9/30. The absolute latest if their were a delay, would probably be mid-october.

As it's been stressed in this thread a few times now; these stores and internet sites know as much as we do about the release date. I'm tired of these kinds of threads, so very tired. I think it's time for a sticky, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back