AMD EOL dates

Asus

Reaction score
AMD is trimming their line and has announced End of Life dates for some of their CPUs.
CPUs with 1MB cache will be Opteron and FX only. So Athlon 64's with 1MB L2 cache are getting axed. (Would rather pay for 200MHz more CPU speed than an extra 512Kb L2 cache anyway). There are many CPUs in the lower price ranges that are getting axed as well.

More streamlined buisness operations = lower cost of business = healthier AMD.

If you wanted one of the CPUs listed then you might want to act before the EOL date.

Damn I planned to buy a new pc in january 2007. I think it will be a little earlier :|

does this mean the prices on those are going to be higher though?

Curse my eyes for reading "AMD EOL" into "AOL EOM".

More EOL CPUs from AMD. Socket 939 4200+ and 4600+. Although the date is June 30th of 2007, not 2006.

Maybe prices will drop more? Then I can pick up my 4600+. D:

Asus said:
More EOL CPUs from AMD. Socket 939 4200+ and 4600+. Although the date is June 30th of 2007, not 2006.

Maybe prices will drop more? Then I can pick up my 4600+. D:

Let's hope so !! I have my eyes on a 4600+ too. As you have previously mentioned yourself, i'd rather have 200mhz cpu speed than the cache, which makes the 4400+ and 4800+ slightly pointless as far as my needs are concerned. And i'd rather retain the same sort of cpu speed as i have presently. So here's hoping these cpu's will drop in price before they are axed, a sort of clearance sale if you will...

:E

Back