Amusing convo with eb

D

dimalife

Called EB Canada, they must have been following all the early sales phonomenom. i ask for the price of the game, he answers, and then goes on to say:
"We actually got it today. Yep, we have it here. But we can't sell it till tuesday. but we have it."

Btw, if you still want to order HL2 for the XBOX and see what happens... You can still do it on futureshop.ca:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...0041758&logon=&langid=EN&dept=15&WLBS=fsweb21

What you will get on November 16th, is, i fear, a mystery.

Edit: i'd also like to note that when i emailed futureshop about it, i got this poorly worded response:

Thank you for your email.

This is available Half-Life 2 (XBOX) Online Availability: Pre-Order: Estimated Release Date:November 16, 2004 WebID: 10041758

That's bs. No way it comes out for XBOX the same day as PC.

So they can't sell it until the 16th, which is the release date. Wow. Amazing. Crazy. Insane.

StardogChampion said:
So they can't sell it until the 16th, which is the release date. Wow. Amazing. Crazy. Insane.

i was trying to highlight the fact that... I didn't ask him whether he can sell it to me now - He just decided to share it with me for no particular reason,

StardogChampion said:
It is valve you know... :eek:

INteresting but xbox hl2 not on 16th 100%

dimalife said:
i was trying to highlight the fact that... I didn't ask him whether he can sell it to me now - He just decided to share it with me for no particular reason,
Again, that's insane. You ask about the price of the game and he mentioned that they can't sell it until the 16th. This sales rep is crazy. He gave you way too much info! If I were the rep, I would have answered "$69.99" and then I would hang up the phone immediately like an automaton.

I want my money back. This cost bandwidth, dammit!

JPack said:
Again, that's insane. You ask about the price of the game and he mentioned that they can't sell it until the 16th. This sales rep is crazy. He gave you way too much info! If I were the rep, I would have answered "$69.99" and then I would hang up the phone immediately like an automaton.

ok, i confess, i just wanted to share the futureshop story, but since i already posted on it yesterday, i needed another story to mask it.

Plus, it was still very funny when the guy said it, so w/e.

Back