An annoying inconvenience ...

D

Darkling

i've had an idea for a small multiplayer mod for about a week now, and today i finally decided to start turning ideas into reality. then i get slaped in the face with this

my problem is that the Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003 v7.1 used to edit the C++ cost money and the beta version that everyone says you should get wont install on my computer because my OS is Windows ME.

can anyone point me in the direction of a free C++ IDE that will work with the HL2 SDK

Arg Damn computer.

Free C++ IDE that works with HL2 SDK and Windows ME?

Pay for MSVC++ 2003. It'll be the best £100 you'll ever spend.

-Angry Lawyer

ya but if i do that i got to cough up another $100 or so to buy windows xp becuase it wont run on ME.

You need something other than ME. Windows doesn't run on ME. It is possibly, in the history of time, the poorest designed and implemented operating system ever.

Code:
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
Try this one, Free C++ IDE for Windows.

SidewinderX said:
You need something other than ME. Windows doesn't run on ME. It is possibly, in the history of time, the poorest designed and implemented operating system ever.
Tell me about it, I used it for five years.

OMG AnhTuanCool i love you i am your undieing follower for eturnity lol.

any way im assuming to add the HL2 SDK to an IDE you must go and add it as an external libirary right? or is it a package? wait isnt that the same thing basicly ... arg been to long since Computer Science 2.

can someone help me figure out how to set this up to work with HL2 SDK

Ah, the pro's of being a student! I got Windows XP Professional & MS VS.net 2003 for FREE!

wow i decided to learn C++ so i can mod the HL2 code while i wait for someone to help and im supprised to say C++ isnt really all that diffirent from Java. their almost identical infact. i've learned variables, constraints, if then else, and functions in less then 30 mins.

Darkling said:
wow i decided to learn C++ so i can mod the HL2 code while i wait for someone to help and im supprised to say C++ isnt really all that diffirent from Java. their almost identical infact. i've learned variables, constraints, if then else, and functions in less then 30 mins.

Eh, all those things are pretty much common sense compared to the OOP features of C++

JAVA is OOP as well so its not really going to be anything ground breaking for me.

anyone going to help me figure out how to set up this IDE to work with HL2 SDK?

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

i tried adding the SDK Contents folder to the IDE's libirary refrences and that didnt work so now im lost as to what to do

mortiz said:
Ah, the pro's of being a student! I got Windows XP Professional & MS VS.net 2003 for FREE!
Well isnt that funny

I got those for free too, and im not even a student :LOL:

Goalie31 said:
Well isnt that funny

I got those for free too, and im not even a student :LOL:

Yes, but Microsoft loves me. When Bill Gates takes over the world you'll be one of the first on his hit list.

You can run the HL2 SDK on just about any platform, you just need to convert the .NET project. Or, create a new project in the IDE of your choice, and add all of the source files to the project.

Back