angry onions

Onions

Reaction score
a pipe's screwed up in my room, and my floor is soaking. it's only a matter of time before the dampness spreads to my pc.

so, whats the easiest way to both dry a carpet and get rid of the smell of dampness? :)

Onions said:
a pipe's screwed up in my room, and my floor is soaking. it's only a matter of time before the dampness spreads to my pc.

so, whats the easiest way to both dry a carpet and get rid of the smell of dampness? :)

Firebombing it.

:eek:

Yes, napalm would do it.. If that's not a surplus item in your area, try with towels to soak up the most water, perhaps get a hairdryer and dry the carpet floor :D

I thought you said "A pipe screwed up my mom..."

I had to read it like 3 times :(

Use towels and warmness.

They have special vaccums for soaking up excess water. You don't have one? I do. They're very handy =)

mmmmm angry onions taste better

here's what you do ..if it's carpet that's removable you put it outside to dry, then steamclean it, must use a deodorizer

if you're carpet is tacked on to floor, use a wetvac and vacuum thoroghly when dry steamclean with a deodorizer

this is the only thing that will take out damp smell

CptStern said:
mmmmm angry onions taste better

here's what you do ..if it's carpet that's removable you put it outside to dry, then steamclean it, must use a deodorizer

if you're carpet is tacked on to floor, use a wetvac and vacuum thoroghly when dry steamclean with a deodorizer

this is the only thing that will take out damp smell

LoL. I have weird images in my head now about you CptStern. Its CptStern, home nanny! Whenever there is a spill or dusty draperies, he'll be there!

Heh. Just kidding.

Better advice than most bachelors like myself could give. Toss a towel over it! Ignore the smell!

Raziaar said:
LoL. I have weird images in my head now about you CptStern. Its CptStern, home nanny! Whenever there is a spill or dusty draperies, he'll be there!

Ya I'm pretty sexy in just an apron :LOL:

Raziaar said:
Better advice than most bachelors like myself could give. Toss a towel over it! Ignore the smell!

that would have been my solution a few years back, but I'm married now so if I want to avoid the "evil-silent-treatment-you-know-what-you've-done-dont-look-at-me-all-innocently" lecture from the wife so I'd better do the job right the first time round :E

my computer room is where I get back to my roots, hanging underwear, empty beer bottles and all

Meh removing the carpet sounds like one the best sollutions but that requries effort. Ignoring it and letting it all evaporate sounds good to me, open any windows and now and then hairdryer it!

well, the leak has stopped, and the maintenance dude is coming back some time to put in a new pipe. still got a wet floor though ;(

Farrowlesparrow said:
Shtop shtop thish blue movie ish not ready yet.

;)

Hehehe, reminds me of that guy in the Grolsh beer advert :cheers:.

You could always see if you could get a dehumidifier from somewhere, i don't think opening the windows will do much due to the temperature outside. Perhaps one of those Vacs that suck up water.

Onions said:
well, the leak has stopped, and the maintenance dude is coming back some time to put in a new pipe. still got a wet floor though ;(

On your knees. Start blotting.

Heh. Use some form of sugar soap? Or is that for walls...

glade pluggins. Stick 5 or 6 of them in your room. Make it smell lemony pine fresh. two scents which never should have been combined, in my opinion.

Back