Annoying Dust2 problem

Slik

Reaction score
I get very low fps on dust2 and it happens in certain places in all the maps, but it happens more on dust2.

It happens when I apply 2xAA or more with high quaility textures. When I take out either AA or put textures to medium, the problem dissapears. Its worse when I apply 4xAA, I get 10 FPS constant.
I also experimented a little, I took out bumpmapping and the problem went away. But anyways heres some pics,

good FPS
http://img181.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img181&image=goodfps0ln.jpg

bad FPS (this is about 2 more steps back from the first image.)
http://img181.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img181&image=badfps7do.jpg
I get the same problem with every driver that I get.

specs are,
2.8Ghz w/HT
1 gig ram DDR400
BFG 6800nu @356/708 (slight overclock but just did it to lower the temperature and I also unlocked the 6th vertex pipe) with 71.84 Xtreme G drivers - best so far IMHO
I play at 1280 by 1024 resolution because of the LCD that I have.

....yea I know specs are in sig also :rolleyes:

Some help is appreciated.

Thats strange, I get low fps in that area too. Altough not as bad as you ( I get 15-25), but its still kinda strange that it happens there. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 2400+
512 RAM
6600gt (using the latest official betas from nzone)

I play with everything maxed, including 4x AA and 8x AF. But thoughout the map I get like 45-75fps. Its very weird we both have this problem in the same part of the map.

what makes me mad is that I upgraded from a 9600xt to enjoy the high quality settings and this is what I get. :flame:

its like I didnt even upgrade at all....and just threw my 300 dollars in the trash.

yea, I only upgraded only for this game.

a lot of people have the same problem when they get close to bs a ,the worst for me is when i get close to the barrels in bs A, i can hardly move.

I think the obvious difference between Bizzy and Silks shots are the ping. When Silk's framerate drops, his ping is 2½ times what it was in the first shot.

Bizz is obviously created his own server runnning the map.

V.

i get problems like that in the same area, and also bs a in aztec by the river sometimes. it also comes down to people having high pings etc, but yeah i get a drop in fps in that area of dust_2

I used to get that problem with I ran teh game at 1280x1024 with 2xAA and 2xAF with no v-sync. It is now totally fine with no AA and AF but with v-sync enabled.

Back