Another Alyx alive theory

bigpapa400lb

Reaction score
Maybe i'm reading to much into this message but some thing when i pulled up the developers console at the end of the game.
The very last command line. :upstare:

Attachments

• weird message.jpg
    weird message.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 398
Well, considering I have absolutely no idea what that means...maybe it means something.

Ah, well then, maybe it doesn't mean something.

I think the AI might have overidden a scripted_sequence for Alyx. That's all.

sfc_hoot said:
I think the AI might have overidden a scripted_sequence for Alyx. That's all.
doesnt it mean the opposite of that?

How does the last line in the console give any reason to believe that Alyx has survived/died in the explosion. Beats me. :sleep:

ne0_shiny said:
doesnt it mean the opposite of that?
I haven't mapped in a long time (not since the HL1-times, as a matter of fact) so you might be correct. I kind of forgot about how the whole HL1/2 system works - I just try to enjoy the game now. :p

But as far as I remember, scripted_sequences always override the AI - so if the AI happens to override a scripted_sequence, you will get an error, where the character will abrupty stop in the middle of his sequence, and do nothing (and thus the error message).

What about that 'scripted scene missing' line? "al...weak.vcd"
That's pretty interesting to me. Alyx weak?

It's a warning in the code, to say something's gone wrong. The AL_weak thing means there's a file missing somewhere. My bet is that a scripted sequence was meant to play, the game couldn't find the vcd file, and so overrided it with AI.

Don't read into it. It's just code.

-Angry Lawyer

You see al_weak errors in other parts of the game too, including the scrapyard.

The console isn't some kind of secret-message system where Valve can hide little notes that give us storyline hints. Just because the word "alyx" was used, doesn't mean that it's related to the storyline. Trully makes me wonder at the stupidity of some people. It's a console for Christ's sake. It's about code.

When I take a screenshot, I get a message that sounds something like: "wrote screenshot mapname_001002" - and then it gives me the path to where it was written. OMG! Does this mean that if I go to that path on my HDD, I will maybe find a 349-page Word-document about HL3 written by Marc Laidlaw himself!? Better start a thread about it...

There are easter eggs put on dvds, possible valve put one at the end just to **** with us?

Back