Another G-man theory (im sorry)

L

lama_fodder

ok well i am n00b to this forum, so dont flame me please.
but now i am sure most of you have played Op4, but have you noticed that the g-man seems to be working WITH the military/adrian shepard, not just some ominious figure lurking around like in HL1.
in the boot camp part of Op4 you can see g-man talking to some general guy in a window of the main building, and also throughout the game he helps you out, EG: the level where you must climb up to the rafters of the room flooding with toxic waste, he opens the door for you.
so, i think he could have been working with them as opposed to against.
oh and sorry if this has been posted a million times already, like i said, im a noob to this forum.

It's pretty acepted that the g-man was high up in the government/military.

Opposing force - cannon.

I don't accept that he is in the government, or any human faction for that matter.

All I can say is, HL3 better come out within the next 2 years so we can figure all this crap out...

i dont think they'll ever reveal it completley. not in HL3, HL4, or HL27. The mystery and the way each player gets their own unique interpretation of what's happening is what makes hl so great.

G-Man also hinders Sheppard, such as when he closes the door to the escape chopper. G-Man is just controlling Sheppard to his will, ensuring he has a strict path to follow and achieveable goals.

The same thing is in HL2, G-Man works with Gordon, you can see him consulting the Colonel (most likely giving him the rocket launcher, to give to Gordon), so Gordon can defeat the gunship and progress on his way.

It is unlikely that G-Man is tied into the military in any way, but he most likely holds some kind of power, either by ties with someone higher up in the ladder or very persuasive chats with the people. The second seems unlikely though.

I'm not sure G-man is giving the rocket launcher to Odessa Cubbage; it's probably more like he's telling the latter that Gordon is approaching and will be here soon, and he should acquire a powerful weapon like this for his future endeavors. Afterall, did G-man give rocket launchers to all the rebels later in the game as well?

The rebels later on, them having rocket launchers has nothing to do with it. Although, you could perhaps theorize they looted a combine armory, full of the rocket launchers and in which case, G-Man could of pulled a few strings.

I think Gman told him about the attack itself: "d00d, teh gunship r cumin!"

I think the g-man is in contact with high-ranking resistance, ie Dr. Kleiner, Eli, Barney and Cubbage in some way or another.

It seems pretty likely that the G-Man, even if he wasn't actually part of the Earth government, had a lot of influence. If he wasn't a government official then he was doing a very good job of posing as one.

Back