| this precious bandwidth. |
| |
| Regarding Half.Life.2.Pre.Gold-ANON: |
| This is fake, and I will never give out info about my releases |
| in public. |
| |
\_________________________________________________________________/

/so i guess the gold release is fake afterall

Whose to say that statement isn't fake as well? If it were true, though---at least I know my current efforts at downloading the beta won't be in vain---if it's in fact true that the supposed pre-gold release is a hoax.

I'd like to hear the community's opinion on something: Do you really believe that what the hacker took was all Valve has developed thus far?

I mean if the most current build they had as of right now was nothing more than what's available in the beta, you wouldn't think Valve would have made such an astronomical statement at E3 that the game would be available by Sep 30th if they only had that much done at that point in time.

and now he has released half-life with Condition Zero...

It's funny how he says "Hurry I wanna play", yet it was his sorry ass who got it delayed even further.

wow, he is too fast..
I mean if the most current build they had as of right now was nothing more than what's available in the beta, you wouldn't think Valve would have made such an astronomical statement at E3 that the game would be available by Sep 30th if they only had that much done at that point in time.

you know what i wouldnt be surprised..

He is saying that a file thats out there now called pre-gold e.t.c isnt from him and is fake, in other words he might release a pre gold version but its NOtT out yet.

Personally I think its stupid to download it anyway. way to ruin the exp.

DAMN! Valve this guy is truely the real deal... he wasnt shitting Valve in the HL2 leak nfo file Oo

how long ago did the leaker make that statement, couldnt be long ago, seeing as how its only 2 hours past midnight here on the east coast. there is a leed right there to where he could be located... as in, east coast , west coast and whatnot

it hasnt been octobur 9th but for like an hour or so lol

hmmm... good point, i just found it on irc right now

Originally posted by jAkUp
hmmm... good point, i just found it on irc right now

I think he just worded it strangely <--- kinda like that sentance

This shit is wierd. It's like this terrible release ordeal is turning into an interesting release. I don't know whether all this shit is good or bad anymore since the delay would be inevitable. I know the DOOM 3 leak only made me want the game 10x more.. so...

My god, if you want proof of CS CZ, pm me.. i will release the horror.

Originally posted by jAkUp

This is fake, and I will never give out info about my releases in public.

... but hasnt he been doing that the whole time.. hell in the same post he announces releasing HL and CS with Hl2...

correct me if Im wrong.. but doesnt that strike you as odd / moronic?

oh ... hmm i didnt think about that one.. but the author of this post had just found this in an irc channel when he posted.. i agree its like findind a needle in a haystack. but it is very well possible he is right here in the states

OK, point me out if I'm wrong here. From what I can gather, this "CS and HL1" release for HL2 is a customized version of both games to allow them to run with the beta... Updated graphics (ie water, which I saw in a screenshot of CS running in Source earlier this morning) and physics applied to the models...

Is this something the leaker(s) prepared themselves or was it a surprise that Valve was working on, also stolen?

i really hope that it wasnt a valve surprise.. lol because the hl1 engine running on hl2 looks like shit

Those screens of Piranesi that were floating around didn't look too bad. I'd like to see some HL1 stuff running in Source... I'm sure screenshots will be floating around pretty soon.

Originally posted by Non-Sequitur
Those screens of Piranesi that were floating around didn't look too bad. I'd like to see some HL1 stuff running in Source... I'm sure screenshots will be floating around pretty soon.

Grenade frenzy on CS_Assault with Havok 2.0....Muwhahahah! I can see it now...sending all the camping snipers who use the red and blue crates for an attack position to their flailing deaths.

there are.. there are lots.. but im not going to post them or the url.. ill PM you if i find them again

The Counter Strike he's talking about is not Condition Zero. It's the CS 2.0 mod that was going to be a part of the HL2 multiplayer component. The HL1 is just a mod that allows you to play through HL1 with the HL2 engine.

So if I got it right...

HL2 beta patch = useless
HL2 pre-gold = fake
HL1 & CS for HL2 = exact HL1 & CS gameplays with the HL2 engine

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

You're basically right.

CS 2.0 supposedly adds some new armor type or something. I never played to original CS so I wouldn't know.

It's all useless unless you're playing on a LAN anyway because you can't connect through Valve's system for MP obviously.

Originally posted by MrBozo
So if I got it right...

HL2 beta patch = useless
HL2 pre-gold = fake
HL1 & CS for HL2 = exact HL1 & CS gameplays with the HL2 engine

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

don't forget CS:CZ, he released that today, and it is, of course, single player CS type game.

pm me some screens if you got th time

Originally posted by Xtasy0
don't forget CS:CZ, he released that today, and it is, of course, single player CS type game.

He did not release CZ. The Counter-Strike released was the 2.0 MP mod. It has nothing to do with Condition Zero except the name.

Originally posted by Unnamed_Player
He did not release CZ. The Counter-Strike released was the 2.0 MP mod. It has nothing to do with Condition Zero except the name.

uhh ok, so what are people downloading? its clearly marked as counter strike condition zero, and its seperate from the release that had HL and CS...

BTW, the HL1 and CS rls was only like 465MB (31 x 15MB) compressed, while the CS:CZ release is a little over 2GB (134 x 15MB) compressed.....

I was on IRC not too long ago and saw that apparently CZ was released.
NO I will not post links, so don't e-mail me. I don't support the theft of VALVe Software's game on any grounds what-so-ever. So don't even think about PMing me either.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was real though. Seeing as CZ is going gold friday.

-Ghost.

Half.Life.Including.Condition.Zero.READ.NFO-ANON

Not at all. If any MP component works it is simple to create a small program to simulate a feature for you - for instance Warcraft 3 had many 'packet forwarding' applications released for it since it was in Beta all that time ago. I'm sure people would develop a similar thing for HL2 if they felt the need. What i mean is, if you've got LAN....you have online play.
You're basically right.

CS 2.0 supposedly adds some new armor type or something. I never played to original CS so I wouldn't know.

It's all useless unless you're playing on a LAN anyway because you can't connect through Valve's system for MP obviously.

Back