Another They Hunger series?

wilka91

Reaction score
In my opinion, Neil Manke's They Hunger series is the best ever single player mod for an FPS. And frankly, I'd rate it as high as the original Half-Life game, even though the 2 games are quite different.

Does anyone know whether Manke has some plans for Half-Life²?

I'd love to see some new mod, like USS Darkstar maybe ... or why not another They Hunger series! :imu:

HL2 would seem to lend itself very well to a zombie mod.

I'd rather see Scientist Slaughterhouse 2.0

wilka91 said:
In my opinion, Neil Manke's They Hunger series is the best ever single player mod for an FPS. And frankly, I'd rate it as high as the original Half-Life game, even though the 2 games are quite different.

Does anyone know whether Manke has some plans for Half-Life²?

I'd love to see some new mod, like USS Darkstar maybe ... or why not another They Hunger series! :imu:
I second that :naughty:

I believe Manke said that "They Hunger 3: Rude Awakening" would be the last "They Hunger" mod.

Who knows. He may make another one for HL2, but I doubt it. That's not to say, however, that he won't be doing other projects.

USS Darkstar was fantastic; Manke is a genius.

Dave Waters was also a guru when it came to Half-Life add-ons. "Freeman's Revenge" was a good play.

I hope they come out of retirement.

I didn't like They Hunger. Too boring. USS Darkstar rocked though.

Neil Manke won't be making another They Hunger installment. I'm almost certain, however, that he will be doing some new project using HL2. I just hope he hasn't lost interest....his website, http://www.planethalflife.com/manke/ , hasn't been updated in....a long time.

Yay They Hunger! I was juuust playing it like 20 minutes ago :) It would just rock in source, it would enable alot prettier outdoor areas, those tree-sprites suck.

Cukel said:
Yay They Hunger! I was juuust playing it like 20 minutes ago :) It would just rock in source, it would enable alot prettier outdoor areas, those tree-sprites suck.

THere's nothing like good l sprites. :E

Can't type good, dark room and my dads shit on desk, the keyboard and mouse are on top of books

I loved the "They Hunger" series and "Uss Darkstar" they were both fantastic mods, i hope he does decide to make one for hl2.

ive never taken the time to play USS Darkstar, i think ill go download it and see what all the fuss is about.

Did he ever make a darkstar 2. The first game was to be continued....

The last thing that happens is you escape in that pod, then an alien glider follows the pod to that planeyt

He's yet to make a DS2; I hope to heck he does, however, even if it's a direct port of the original to Source.

Darkstar was, in my opinion, actually better than They Hunger as he did so much with little more than existing HL content and new sounds.

I remember him saying he started Darkstar 2 but someone wanted him to do something different. That's when They Hunger was born.

Back