Another update and still no XSI exporter.

Cyanide

Reaction score
Well, here we are, about a month from the last SDK update, and it appears to me as though Valve has failed to include a model exporter for the retail version of XSI, again. Has Valve lost their collective mind? This is the program they use in-house! How could they not have an exporter for it? Am I just missing something, WTF is going on? Where is the exporter?

Cyanide said:
Well, here we are, about a month from the last SDK update, and it appears to me as though Valve has failed to include a model exporter for the retail version of XSI, again. Has Valve lost their collective mind? This is the program they use in-house! How could they not have an exporter for it? Am I just missing something, WTF is going on? Where is the exporter?

a month!!! :angry: , a update just came out today/yesterday

Why is the addon not included in a steam update? Why do I have to go to wait in line at freakin' FilePlanet to get this update? I thought the whole point of steam was to distribute stuff like this.

I'd guess it relates to legality issues, probably stemming from publisher relations. And you know not everyone uses XSI, why should they have to download something they don't need ?

Not everyone uses Maya either, but if you downloaded the SDK, then you downloaded that exporter.

To tell you the truth: we missed the deadling for the Steam update by about 2 hours. (It was snowing like crazy in Montreal and it was around -40 celcius). Cheers to Valve for not delaying the update to their SDK because of this.

We apologize and for this you can also download the addon directly from XSI Base here:

http://www.xsibase.com/tools/plugins.php?detail=1065

Cheers,
Dom

/me dances in joy

bah i installed it but the smd importer and exporter wont activate
using xsi 4

Back