Another video question from me :D

dru

Reaction score
Hey again people, and welcome to another video card question.

I bought a gf4mx400 64mb, just to do me until i get my 9800pro256mb, and was running hl2 nicely (i used to have a gf2) at 800x600x32 with about 60-80 fps, i was playing for roughly a few hours, a few different mods, and shortly after i quit, my computer crashed, but never actually turned off or restarted, just went black. When i tried restarting, it makes that beeping sound that it makes when hardware is wrong or when you put incompatable ram sticks in. So i have a look, cant fix it, so i put it off til the next day. I get up in the morning and switched my gf4 for an old rage 128 pro i had lying around to see if it was a video card problem, and surely, it was. Now im stuck with this piece of crap of a card and no hl2, and im just wondering if anyone knows a way i could somehow fix my gf4 and get back hl2ing again? I know little about graphics cards but i have had so much help from this forum in the ways of graphics and cards before i thought itd be worth asking. Thanks :D

I think you should wait until you get your 9800 pro.

yeah i was expecting something like that, but im such a nerd, i require games to thrive in these stupid australian holidays, i have another 4-5 weeks until my radeon, another 6 weeks of holidays (all my best friends are away for most of it) and i just bought battlefield vietnam, call of duty, and call of duty united offensive (and still want to play hl2) so i just thought itd rock if there was a way to fix my gf4. thanks for the reply anyhow

Next time try to ask the question briefly otherwise people wont bother to real it all, I actually did, and I agree with Sanius. rage 128 pro is like the worst card wich possibly could be able to run hl2 at all. :)

Back