Answer to "Tax" questions

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
The tax that Valve is referring to in ordering the packages is the sales taxes that Valve has to collect for certain states domestically in the United States - not all of the states in the US will be subject to this tax.

For internrational customers, you will not be subject to this tax at all as it's for domestic United States sales only.

Yes but since about a year most european countries put their taxes also on internet sales like MMO subscriptions or imported games.
For belgium thats 21% and its probebly alot cheaper to buy retail versions. (most have no cc anyway)

I bought the Silver package, which was $59 without TAX, but I still had to pay an extra $11 TAX even though I live in the UK.

You pay the extra tax because you're in the UK. It's good old fashioned 17.5% VAT, straight into Gordon Brown's pocket.

W00t, like the Swedish state doesn't have enough taxes already (We've got the highest taxes in Europe, or close to it, we had anyway).

Valve has already answered this question: -

Tax only for WA state customers and VAT for EU countries.

SFLUFAN said:
The tax that Valve is referring to in ordering the packages is the sales taxes that Valve has to collect for certain states domestically in the United States - not all of the states in the US will be subject to this tax.

For internrational customers, you will not be subject to this tax at all as it's for domestic United States sales only.
Please don't give an answer if you don't know what you're talking about.

Dead-Inside said:
W00t, like the Swedish state doesn't have enough taxes already (We've got the highest taxes in Europe, or close to it, we had anyway).

Ours are higher! :afro:
Greatings from Denmark.

i had ATI voucher, paid $11.90 to upgrade to silver. we have 19% TAX here in holland

someone said about all EU countries get VAT'ed

well i live in EU, and we have no VAT put on products here (where i live) whatsoever, nothing, not any anything but i still get charged it?

Silver package, $59.95 USD, $74.94 USD total, but I live in Denmark... So what was the extra charge, VAT ?

Dead-Inside said:

Heard about Norway? Actually I think you have higher, but I didn't pay any tax. I'm norwegian...

Mikademius said:
Heard about Norway? Actually I think you have higher, but I didn't pay any tax. I'm norwegian...
It's the oil. That's why you have more money.

In case any Aussies are worried about paying the GST, dont the silver package cost me $83.95 and was not charged the GST. Excellent price considering the average retail for a new pc game is 90-100 dollars.

I'm laughing at the people who think its cheaper to travel into town and buy over the counter. The price may be cheaper, but the travel costs and your own personal time are more expensive. Unless you're a lazy giro-king that is.

I don't quite see why we should pay tax over something that has no real mass :(

i've heard of people choosing "Belize" as a country to avoid taxes, but how can the credit card be accepted then? Doesn't it verify the country?

Back