Any chance of redeeming a game with a CD key?

Azner

Tank
Reaction score
Dearest Halflife2.net a long time ago i lent my 3 CDs of StarWars BattleFront 1 to a friend and apparently he got the 2nd CD Cracked. Recently i had the urge to play this game but i was unable to install it because of the broken 2nd CD. I would like to know if anyone has any clue on where i could redeem the game since i have a CD key for example if i had a retail version of Halflife2 and the CD broke, i could still activate it on steam and hence, download it from there.

tl;dr Does anyone know of a program where i can legally download Starwars Battlefront with my CD key because my cd broke.

P.s. for mods, My game is legal, I bought it.

It's not illegally attained by any measure when your proof of purchase is a broken CD and a legitimate CD-Key; in my opinion. Regardless of the fact you may need the CD to run unless programs such as Steam is able to change that.

If you contact the publisher, you can probably get a replacement for about $10-$15 [US]. It might be cheaper to just buy it again. Your friend should have offered to replace it in my opinion.

If that happened to me, I'd probably try to download the 2nd disc. If you were taken to court or something, I'm sure they would dismiss the charges after you explained your situation.

Download an uncracked version of the game that comes with fake serials, then use your own CD key. I believe if you cap the upload at 0 there's nothing illegal about it.

Indeed, when you own and can prove you own the game, then downloading the extra CD because yours is broken is perfectly legal as long as you don't seed.

AFAIK it is, the only acceptable use is your own made backup of your own originals, iirc it's not okay to distribute backups, and is, at least over here, illegal to even download backups made by other people, if the original author of the product in question has not consented to its free distribution.

But, shit like that are very fuzzy IMO; backup laws and such.

It's rude not to seed. What if they only download becouse their CD's are broken?

Back