Any DnB Headz?

D

DJRedLine

Any Drum and Bass Headz here?
if so what style of DnB do you listen to, and fav DJ's, Promoters etc

Style - Hard, Dark
Fav DJ - apart from myself ;) Loxy, Friction
Promoter - Renegade Hardware, Valve
Event - Hardware @ the End (club in London)

I like most Drum and Bass, like Bad Company. :) I love the sort of stuff that would fit as music to futuristic racing.

I'm more of a drill and bass guy, but I love good drum and bass.

Yea, its my favourite style of music... I'm from Canada and I also DJ, wish I lived in the UK though! Heres my latest mix from october. Working on a new one now that classes are done for the semester.

http://mixes.bowzer.net/bowzer-never_gonna_catch_me-oct2004.mp3

never gonna catch me
October 2004 / DNB Mix
58min 28secs, 160kbps .mp3

00 > Family Guy Intro
01 > Pendulum - Masochist
02 > Subfocus & Danny Wheeler - Ghost
03 > D.Kay - Lion Dub
04 > Future Prophecies - Dreadlock
05 > Fresh - Hooded
06 > Rob Sparx - Road Kill
07 > Mindgame - Red Queen
08 > Majistrate & DJ Nicol - Clone Zero
09 > Tango & Ratty - Cold Rock Stuff (Baron Remix)
10 > Roni Size - Out of Breath
11 > The Upbeats - Fill me in
12 > Basic Operations - White
13 > Resonant Evil - Nu Breed
14 > Nightbreed - Pack of Wolves (Pendulum Remix)
15 > Mampi Swift & Blame - Reptile
16 > Twisted Individual - Cannibal Lunch (Surge Remix)
17 > Total Science - Prozac (Q-Project Remix)
18 > Roni Size - Shoulder to Shoulder
19 > DJ Hype, J Majik & Wickerman - Dubplate Killa
20 > Total Science - Westside story
21 > Fresh & Pendulum - Kingston Vampires
22 > DJ Hype, J Majik & Wickerman - Look to the future

Funny I'd find this thread...

Just registered on this forum a few minutes ago, and upon searching for "map pack", in hopes of finding some hl2dm maps, I somehow found this thread... first hit in the search results actually. I had to give a shout out to the dnb fans out there, and after seeing bowzer throw up his mix, i'll have to find a way to post something i recorded earlier this summer.

darque420 inside! ;P hahaha

@Bowzer i'm trying to download your mix but the link dont work.

Not a massive DnB fan to be honest, but thats simply because I haven't heard enough of it. Bad Company and High Contrast are great though.

Just starting out mixing breakbeat and house on Traktor, but i'm sorting myself out with some decks after christmass. Do you use vinyl, CDJ or mp3's to mix?

DnB kicks ass
I'm more into hipnotic things, like Klute (the guy is awesome) or first Adam F ('Colours' was brilliant, too bad he's now more into HH).
also Goldie, Steve Alexander, D.Kay, Roni Size, Juno Reactor, Kruder&Dorfmeister (they're far more than just DnB).
so as you see - nothing hardcore here;)

EDIT: CrazyHarij - if you're into music fitting to futuristic racing try Crystal Method 'Vegas' - definitely one of my favourites :thumbs:

@VAKO i only mix using vinyl and i'm quite the promo whore, i have to have the latest releases on white if possible.
I have never been a fan of cd mixing decks, and find them quite awkward to use.

@OberGeist Klute and Goldie are superb Promoters/Producers but not the best at mixing. Went to a metalheadz night and both were DJ'ing that night and i must admit Goldies set was just amazing, bit loose on his mixing but his tune selection was first class.
I do like liquid DnB also, just to get away from the darker edge every once and a while. Been raving since 1992 so gone from hardcore, happy hardcore, techno to DnB
Haven't heard of kruder&dorfmeister, they sound more like gabba techno artists than DnB

I'd love a set of CDJ 1000 MK2's if I was going with CD decks... but alas my flatmates don't have that many working kidneys between them. So my moneys going on a set of numark TT 1650's/TT-200's and a Behringer DJX 700/Numark DM-1002 Mk2 mixer. Any expirence with those or would you suggest something else? Mainly interested in mixing breaks.

I'm going to have a look on ebay as well, see if i can get some techniqes 1200's on the cheap.

Also, have you ever used final scratch? It looks intersting.

i have a set of numark 1625's and a gemini ps-626 pro2 and i'm fairly pleased with them, and are pretty good for general mixing etc.
For mixing breaks or more scratching/turntabalism i would prefer technics 1200/1210's or vestax pdx2000 (mate has a pair of pdx2000 and are superb decks with such a high torque)

never used final scratch but have seen it and was quite impressed

I'm looking at a set of Stantons, as they seem to be built from old soviet tank armour and reactor casing.

You ever listen to Annie Mac on radio 1? She plays some amazing tracks, quite a bit of underground dnb on there sometimes.

Back