Any possibility...??

tokin

Reaction score
Do you guys know/think if they is any way i give out my CZ key to a friend that cs:s will still run for both of us although of course not being in the same server....???? Thanks...

Your key can only be assigned to one Steam account, once its assigned noone else can use it.

You could let your friend use your account to play CS:S but you couldn't both be logged onto the account at the same time.

Okay how would that work though....say his own account has CS and DOD only...and i have like 6 other titles. If he signs into my account from his home is going to have to pre-load/download all of the stuff i have? How will that go about....

I understand that. I download CS:S and use my pass key. I log off. He is at his house and logs in on MY account. Does he have to download the stuff i have currently already like other mods he may not have on his computer?

He can download them but he doesn't have to.

Logging into your account from his computer while you're not logged on will work, and any games purchased on your account will be downloadable for him. So yeah, you could share the account.

Aye you can still very much share accounts... (only one person logged on per account a time though).

Another thing you two can do is (well..if you know somebody else with a LAN environment) go to a place which has a LAN, install Steam on the computers, log onto your account on each one, download the CS:Source cache file(s) on each machine, Exit from Steam (not exit and logout) on each computer and then play CS:Source in the offline LAN mode together..

Back