Anybody buy CZ for the CSS Beta and already had the ATI voucher?

slicktick

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody that has the ATI Voucher bought CZ for the CSS Beta and feel dumb now because they could have got it anyway. Not that CZ is a bad buy, i love my CZ but I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody?

yep, I paid $10 for cz and had the ATI voucher. Does anyone know if it is it possible to remove CZ from one steam account and transfer it to another? I know my roomate would dig it if he could pay the bate also.

Sideswiped said:
yep, I paid $10 for cz and had the ATI voucher. Does anyone know if it is it possible to remove CZ from one steam account and transfer it to another? I know my roomate would dig it if he could pay the bate also.

Nope not possible. That's why I created a new account just for CZ hehe :LOL:

Yeah I do.
Typical luck of mine to go out and buy CZ for £20 (last week) and then for them to turn around and say 'hey guess what...'

Still it means I get to mess around with the bots+updates and also I'll get CZ source when its done so I can't say I've lost out to badly.

From what was said, the HL2 coupons will get to beta slightly later after CZ ppl as well so it means I can at least get to play a few days earlier.

Yes, I have both. Shame I can't get rid of the CZ on my acct and sell it on for someone else to get the beta tbh.

I paid £11 for CZ btw.

Well, I 'WAS' going to get CZ just for beta but it turns out I dont need to spend 10-20 dolars on it :E .
Seems good things do come to those who wait(Or those who dont have the money...).

Well, i bought a 9800pro and i didnt get a voucher, maybe they are for different cards

When did you buy yours? I brought mine I think at christmass if I can remember.
It even had the advertisement of havving a voucher inside of it.
Did yours?

kungfucheez said:
Well, i bought a 9800pro and i didnt get a voucher, maybe they are for different cards

Xt's only, but rarely some retailers put the voucher in pro's or x800's.

anyhow, yeah i bought the lame CZ for the beta, and i also had a voucher could have used the money to buy myself a better 3dcard....

Anima86 said:
Xt's only, but rarely some retailers put the voucher in pro's or x800's.

Dunno about that,
I brought a Radeon 9800 Pro and I got a voucher.
I've seen it on regular Radeon 9800's and also 9700's.

Then again this was awhile ago.

I wonder how much money valve made off of this....

about time

I have been spamming this for soo long.
At least they listened to us. I was not about to buy CZ (an out-of-date) engine to play CS-source.
THANK YOU

slicktick said:
I was just wondering if anybody that has the ATI Voucher bought CZ for the CSS Beta and feel dumb now because they could have got it anyway. Not that CZ is a bad buy, i love my CZ but I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody?

What do you mean? I have a voucher, do I get to play the beta?? Without buying CZ?

Yeah, sux though to get CZ. Single Player AI is equivelant to Super Mario Bros 3 turtles and you just run through the levels shooting each enemy 2 times directly in the head to kill them and rescue random asians (hostages). O well though. I guess we all get the extended shaft one time or another, if you catch my drift...

The Terminator said:
What do you mean? I have a voucher, do I get to play the beta?? Without buying CZ?

There was a post on here on this site, its on the news page too, that the ATI vouchers for HL2 also get the CSS beta when the CZ owners get it.

No, ATI isn't that great any more

Their only good cards were the 9600 - 9800

i'm inclined to disagree. while nivida made a major comeback (good for them) ati still racks up with them, i'm looking at the new Normal mapping and temporal antialiasing and most of all, the X800 pt requires just a little bit more power than the 9800 xt, while the nivida 6800 ultra.... heh... heh heh... no

Ati don't seem as great because for some strange reason alot of Game Companies choose Nvidia over Ati. I smell bribes...

Farfege said:
Yeah, sux though to get CZ. Single Player AI is equivelant to Super Mario Bros 3 turtles and you just run through the levels shooting each enemy 2 times directly in the head to kill them and rescue random asians (hostages). O well though. I guess we all get the extended shaft one time or another, if you catch my drift...
Ehm have you even played it? The bots are better than any bot I have played in my life... they are actually like playing real people (or as close as)

mattgirv said:
Ehm have you even played it? The bots are better than any bot I have played in my life... they are actually like playing real people (or as close as)

He's talking about the singleplayer missions (now known as the deleted scenes). He mostly likely downloaded the earlier release that was floating around on the web at november-december so can't comment on what the singleplayer+multiplayer bot AI is like now.

What is wrong with people how thing that there will be a CZ:Source?
There will NOT be any CZ:Source. CS:Source has got all the upgrades CZ has and even more so it's bullshit. There will NOT be any goddamn CZ:Source.

Lafie said:
What is wrong with people how thing that there will be a CZ:Source?
There will NOT be any CZ:Source. CS:Source has got all the upgrades CZ has and even more so it's bullshit. There will NOT be any goddamn CZ:Source.

Actually there will be a CZ:Source.

Back