Anyone else have Steam update just now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methias

Reaction score
The "updating steam" progress bar popped up just now very briefly when I restarted Steam. Anyone else get this?

Edit: Hmm...I just restarted again and got the same thing...maybe something's wrong with my client. If so, sorry guys. :(

That depends.. when was the last time you ran Steam?

Are you sure it was a Validation check?

I got one just now, when I started Steam. (Just now) :p

Ugh...okay sorry. Don't know why my client would be doing this. Sorry to have yanked everyone's chain. :(

Methias said:
Validation check? I've never seen one of those before.
Yeah, it is basically just Steam making sure none of your files are bad.

And I have to agree with Hendrix (If he means what I think he means)

You "noobs" need to stop posting so much. Honestly. Atleast post in a thread that is already created.

I look at your profiles, and see that about 5% of your posts are new threads.

And you just keep posting all this un-needed spam! Ah! It makes my head spin!

Like for example this thread.. If you didn't get anything, why post? He was asking if anyone else got it, not if anyone else didn't get it.

And if you feel the need to post it anyway, BACK IT UP with something that could advance the conversation.

Like, I dunno, something like "Nothing here.. And by the way, Steam was validating my files like crazy, haha!"

It's better than nothing!

Um, are you referring to me? Because I take offense at that honestly. I think most of the stuff I post is not spam. And if you actually had reviewed my account history like you say you did, you'd see this.

Edit: Ah, I read your post again and I don't think you were giving me shit so sorry heh.

Because I like to make people like you mad

Ok, EVERY SINGLE time you start up steam it checks for new updates. The "Updating progress" bar sometimes appears due to your internet speed being slowed for a milisecond or a myriad of other reasons.

ALWAYS check the steampowered NEWS page and STEAMPOWERED FORUMS before posting something that has absolutely nothing to do with HAlf-Life 2 on halflife2.net main half-life2 forum.

It's silly.

I neeeeed mod powers.. Or atleast Shuzer... So I can be his little helper..

This forum would be clean enough to eat off of!

C'mon people, look at your post and ask yourself,

"Is my post relevant?"
"Does my post make sense?"
"Do other people care?"
"Does Homer give us a bad name?"

You guys are too sensitive. Seriously, you jump down peoples' throats when they post something that's even slightly old news or offtopic.

Methias said:
You guys are too sensitive. Seriously, you jump down peoples' throats when they post something that's even slightly old news or offtopic.
If you mean anal retentive, yup, that's us!

I mean...I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been put off by it. You folks really do come off as rude sometimes...sigh

Good. Hopefully that prevents future pointless/silly posts.

Anal retentivity ahoy!

Methias said:
Yay Mr. Fusion......

That's what happens when adolescent inadequecies turn into aggressive behavior. Kinda like bullies in the schoolyard. Ignore 'em, as anyone worth talking to would even waste the time to make comments like that, and go to the next thread.

Looks like way too many people take message boards way too seriously.

Why hasn't this thread been moved/locked/deleted?

Come on mods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back