Anyone know of a leet headset?

omlette

Reaction score
First off, sorry for posting this here, but I don't know where else it should go.

Does anyone know of a really good headset in terms of sound AND mic quality that is around 50$ or under? I need something to use in CS:S. I had an amazing Plantronics one, but I stepped on it. Oops.

Dunno, I've got a plantronics one myself and am exceedingly happy with it - If I were you I'd just get another one, they're only £20 in UK so must be around the $50 mark

forget cheap headsets, invest in a speedlink medusa 5.1 surround kit :)

"but i stepped on it"
that made me laugh. :)

i also have a plantronics. 30 euro? can't really remember, anymore. it's quite good.

The free headset that came with the UT2K4 special edition is the best.
Made by Logitech, they are behind the ear. I play HL2 for 3 hours at a time, and don't even notice they are there. I can even play with glasses on, and there is no discomfort. Plus they actually sound good playing music. They're cheap and the mic works great.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10343686&loc=101&#top

Trust me on this one, for $19 plus shipping, you can't go wrong, and you'll be surprised at the results.
You don't need to spend $100 for headphones.

Labtec Axis-502. They are cheap but they are amazing. They're better than some $60 Seinhessier ones I bought a long time ago and the mic quality on it is great.

headset

I have the Gainward 5.1 surround headset. It is like 40 bucks and has directional surround sound best thing I have ever bought. Great directional sound for HL2 and Counterstrike ownage.

I also have the Gainward "Hollywood" 5.1 headphones (I got them for $27 from Newegg.com; check around at like pricewatch.com for best price). Anyhow, they are real 5.1 headphones, and with my Audigy 2 ZS the sound is excellent. I use a cheap mic from Staples on top of my monitor. Anyhow, for under $30 the Gainward 5.1 is a good deal. I know there are some other 5.1 headphones out there also that are quite good.

Acert93 said:
I also have the Gainward "Hollywood" 5.1 headphones (I got them for $27 from Newegg.com; check around at like pricewatch.com for best price). Anyhow, they are real 5.1 headphones, and with my Audigy 2 ZS the sound is excellent. I use a cheap mic from Staples on top of my monitor. Anyhow, for under $30 the Gainward 5.1 is a good deal. I know there are some other 5.1 headphones out there also that are quite good.

Gainward rocks, the Medusa's are better but they are three times the price and I dno't know a distributor in the USA.

Back