Apart from the Pheremone Grenades...

Spugmaster

Reaction score
Have any other alien weapons been confirmed in the game yet...?

And if not - what would you like to see. And try to be original. I don't want to see everyone saying snarks or the hornet gun...something new for HL2 if you please...

Spugmaster said:
Have any other alien weapons been confirmed in the game yet...?

And if not - what would you like to see. And try to be original. I don't want to see everyone saying snarks or the hornet gun...something new for HL2 if you please...

That's all I think we really need, personally. Hornet gun was overpowered and I didn't really find the snarks too useful. If bugbait is unlimited like in the video then that'll be pretty much overpowered as well.

True - it was a bit silly having the pheremone grenades unlimited, because technically you didn't really need them to get past the level from what I saw. They really only provided a distraction to the other enemies so you took little damage yourself.

It would be interesting to see where in the scheme of things you acquire them, because if they are unlimited then technically you should be able to control the antlions from whatever point you get them through the rest of the game. Or perhaps the story plays out like so many others, where you get captured and they take all your weapons away and you have to essentially start again from scratch.

lol The hornet gun was crazy. As soon as I got that weapon, I tried to use it for everything! (Hey, unlimited ammo - woot!) It made sentry guns go absolutely berzerk though.

I recently saw GI Joe the Movie (ugh....) on TV, and maybe some kind of gun that shoots out a sticky mesh or something that grows into entangling vines would be interesting. Not lethal, but might be good for immobilizing things (ie, striders, vehicles, helicopters, etc.) and sticking combine soldiers to walls and stuff so they can't use their guns.

I think the IRifle counts as an alien weapon. Balance testing does need to be done tho for things like the bugbait. For some reason I think it will be more getting biological things to work for you rather than actually shooting things with them. But on a side note...

I WANT T3H SN4RK!

they were so cute :)

Back