Apple iTouch & iPhone

noisebleed

Reaction score
Has anyone on here purchased any of these two products? I know the 32GB iTouch is expensive... but I'm getting a new job so I bought it as a present for myself.

The iTouch SDK is going to be released this month which means you'll see a bunch of new apps soon... you currently have to jailbreak it ( hack it ) to use 3rd party apps but that will soon change... can't wait for a www.last.fm app...

right now there's something called "web apps" which you can visit here

http://www.apple.com/webapps/

it's got hundreds of apps... even facebook and tetris!

i think this is the greatest invention ever... there's no fees and unlimited wi-fi bandwidth... once it arrives in the mail i'm going to watch youtube vids at work with everyone else beside me, it's going to be a blast!

I've got an itouch and I can't stop touching it in class. No seriously, I've read like every article on digg.

Get an iTouch, then buy the cheapest phone you can find. There you have a cheap iPhone.

So you can browse the internet on it?

I thought they left that just to the iphone.

Nice!

sucks that I have a week 46+ Iphone(1.1.2 ootb) so I have the 4.6 bootloader and I know I can jailbreak to 1.1.3 but, the process isn't clear from the methods used from the forum and blogs that I have read through. I think i'll wait for dev teams official release of their jailbreak for 4.6 bootload(if they ever) or wait until the SDK comes out at the end of the month.

Oh and Apple's a bitch for once again offering new memory capacities for the iphone and itouch but, hey atleast they popped a $100 more on the pricetag to make it somewhat fair. It's just that they need to stop doing this to make decisions easier!

So you can browse the internet on it?

I thought they left that just to the iphone.

Nice!

I'm on my itouch right now, in class. The Internet works surprisingly well on it, however it does not support flash....oddly enough though youtube still works .

I thought about buying one and then I realized I'd have to redo all of my movies that are in .avi that my Zen already plays perfectly.

wow, insightful

"I didnt get half-life 2 cuz I played Halo 3 instead"

/golfclap

i didnt want a touch ipod cuz I too often accidentily hit the menu wheel as it is ..also I dont use my ipod for anything other than listening to podcasts, documentaries ..but may get an iphone ..but for my wife

i didnt want a touch ipod cuz I too often accidentily hit the menu wheel as it is ..also I dont use my ipod for anything other than listening to podcasts, documentaries ..but may get an iphone ..but for my wife

the itouch has a button on the top that turns the screen on and off, i carry it around in my pocket everyday and I've never had it turn on by accident. And touching the screen when it's off does nothing.

ya it's the same as a regular ipod ..I still do it

my dad loves his Iphone with an update it even got gps

it's not gps... it's something called skyhook + google which triangulate your location by browsing wi-fi networks around your location... which allows it to locate you.

wow, insightful

"I didnt get half-life 2 cuz I played Halo 3 instead"

/golfclap

So you would buy an i-phone but not a game?

So you would buy an i-phone but not a game?

the phone isnt for me and i'm not buying a game that I dont think is worth $59 ..I rarely purchase games with little to no replay value especially if the sp last under 10 hours ..I can easily sit there with a friend and play it before it's due back at blockbuster

wow, insightful

Yeah, it was. I gave a clear direct reason why I would not buy an iPhone/iTouch. I don't know what problem you had with that, but, with you're usual apples to oranges comparison, you showed me you'd rather just spout random shit to get a rise out of me. And I can't let an extremely inane troll post go without a reply, can I?

Yeah, it was. I gave a clear direct reason why I would not buy an iPhone/iTouch. I don't know what problem you had with that, but, with you're usual apples to oranges comparison, you showed me you'd rather just spout random shit to get a rise out of me. And I can't let an extremely inane troll post go without a reply, can I?

so I was successful it seems

Do any of you with an iPhone or iPod touch ever jog or do anything physical with it. I imagine it would be a pain in the ass not being able to switch songs without looking at the screen.

iTouch's are just insane, so worth the money.

I mean, what other gadget TURNS the picture youre viewing if you turn the iTouch on its side, ***king win

Do any of you with an iPhone or iPod touch ever jog or do anything physical with it. I imagine it would be a pain in the ass not being able to switch songs without looking at the screen.

I wouldn't :( I bought a shuffle to run with. The itouch id just too nice to take to the gym.

Back