are Eli Vance & Dr. Kleiner the scientists Barney helped escape Black Mesa in BS?

G

Goethe

It's been a while since the last time I played that game. I remember at the end of HL:BS we see Barney escape of Black Mesa with Dr. Rosenberg and some other scientists. Were these other scientists Dr. Kleiner and Eli Vance?

I killed Eli and Kliener, in HL1 AND HL2

Is Eli the guy in HL1 that say in a realy creepy voice
"Now Gordon, go. Into the test chamberrr."*shuder*
When I herd that I knew something bad was going to happen

Eli's the guy you meet after the Resonance Cascade. He's talking to the other scientist. "We tried to warn them!" He operates a retinal scanner after, to let Gordon through.

You never see Dr. Kleiner in HL1.

I was just wondering if the barney calhoun from hl2 is the same one from blue shift because i heard from many people that he isn't the same one from blue shift

sfc_hoot said:
Eli's the guy you meet after the Resonance Cascade. He's talking to the other scientist. "We tried to warn them!" He operates a retinal scanner after, to let Gordon through.

You never see Dr. Kleiner in HL1.
ah... you mean those two scientist you can see before going to the elevator? :smoking:

scientists.jpg
The one in the lower right is Dr. Kleiner?

Was Kleiner the guy from trainig who read out the insurance thing in HL1 or was it mustach man?
It was something along the lines of
"Black Mesa will not be held responsible blah blah blah burning blah blah blah radiation poisoning blah blah blah wounds gashes etd. blah blah blah."
That un-nervedme a little

The only reference to Kleiner in Half-Life 1 was in Gordon Freeman's letter, which you see in the HL1 users manuel. Dr. Kleiner himself wasn't in the actual game.

The only reference to Kleiner in Half-Life 1 was in Gordon Freeman's letter, which you see in the HL1 users manuel. Dr. Kleiner himself wasn't in the actual game.

what does the letter say about Dr. Kleiner?

He basically got Gordon his job at Black Mesa, by recommending him to the administration.

sfc_hoot said:
That's Walter Bennett.

Walter was a planethalflife.com creation.
Gearbox mentioned him in Opposing Force and used him at the end of Blueshift, but I wouldn't call him an official storyline character. He's kind of a joke, but I didn't like it how Gearbox used him seriously in Blueshift.

Dr Kleiner is clearly based in the "Glasses" model of the half-life 1 scientist. Eli is based off the other scientist, forgot the model name. Our only previous reference to Dr Kliener is the Game Manual for Half-Life 1.

These 2 characters may have lockers somewhere in Black Mesa, can't remember. If someone could have a look around in HL1 and confirm if they have lockers? my copy isn't installed.

Also the other models are named Einstein and Slick.

I miss Einstein "Now now if you follow standard procedures everything will be fine"

Goethe said:
what does the letter say about Dr. Kleiner?

That he recommended you for the job at Black Mesa. IIRC he was a tutor at MIT, or you worked with him for a period around that time.

Back