Are there new specs?

G

I haven't been following the whole Half-Life 2 thing recently. Mainly because I was busy.. away... being banned =D. Anyway, I just saw this crazy video and like... Hmmm... It used to be 800mhz minimum and like above the 1.2ghz range recommended. I saw this video and uhh.. It was.. Well.. I don't see how my shit can render this and run well.. Did they change the specs?

My system is ok, but I think it's gonna choke on HL2.

I got:

P4 1.7ghz
256mb pc800 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (DX9 support)
Audigy 2 24bit-192khz sound card (yes sound improves fps)

This is a descent system. But with those new benchmarks that came out recently, I don't know much about all those charts but could my shit run HL2 well?

we haven't seen shots for the low end of the hardware. They won't look as good.

9800 AND 9600 have the same image quality as far as i know. its just 9800 is gives more fps

That's right but could I run it with higher graphics. I don't consider my shit to be low-end but its towards the higher. My comp owns pretty much every game that I know of so far except Call Of Duty for some reason. I get like 100 fps in HL1, medal of honor, and like 50 in america's army. But this here HL2 looks to be pretty heavy no matter what Valve has said.

RAM on boosts loading times and helps stuttering during game. I'm cool with my RAM and processor. I just need to look into my 9600 pro.

Cant beat more ram, i wouldnt run XP with less than 512meg myself

Back