Army scraps Comanche helicopter project

Reaction score
$8 billion down the drain. Today, the US ARMY decided to CANCEL the RAH-66 Comanche Stealth helicopter program.
http://www.air-attack.com/rah66/rah66_flag.jpg
The Army has decided to cancel its Comanche helicopter program, a multi-billion-dollar project to build a new-generation chopper for armed reconnaissance missions, officials said Monday

The contractors for Comanche are Boeing Co. and Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.

With about $8 billion already invested in the program, and the production line not yet started, the cancellation is one of the largest in the history of the Army. It follows the Pentagon's decision in 2002 to cancel the Crusader artillery program -- against the wishes of Army leaders.

WTF are they doing!

Having a secret stealth chopper developed somewhere secret that can fly at 200mph, carry one thermo nuclear device and 20 anti tank missiles probably.

Well... USA is soon like Sweden... no defence what so ever (Eventhough we make *beep*loads of weapons/tanks/aircrafts/boats)

Why cant we all live in peace? :)

/Me feels like a hippy.

Majestic XII said:

Because my country is too small, look at *insert dictator here*, his country is MUCH larger, I think ill take some of his land... doubt he will mind....

MaxiKana said:
Because my country is too small, look at *insert dictator here*, his country is MUCH larger, I think ill take some of his land... doubt he will mind....

We have reasons to believe bla bla bla weapons of massdestruction... bla bla, lets go and gib people.

MaxiKana said:

Finnish snipers did just fine whooping the Red army back in the day. :thumbs:

Newsflash: Finland has just announced the cancelation of their geriatric elite sniper program.

Majestic_XII, because of people like you that takes drugs and sleep with politicians >=(

Direwolf said:
Newsflash: Finland has just announced the cancelation of their geriatric elite sniper program.

No they just moved the minimum age from 73 to 89. :sniper:

Majestic XII said:
Well... USA is soon like Sweden... no defence what so ever (Eventhough we make *beep*loads of weapons/tanks/aircrafts/boats)

/Me feels like a hippy.

Well we all want peace, but we keep voting for charismatic psycopaths, so what do you expect. :borg:

Zakat said:
Majestic_XII, because of people like you that takes drugs and sleep with politicians >=(

Wanna fight?

(If you do... send me a PM... we dont want to spam the thread)

THIS is EXACTLY one of the reasons we need a spam forum.

Zakat, no pron, this is a teen rated site.

Majestic XII said:

/Me feels like a hippy.
Its no worry yet. It will take them about 50 years before their military budget starts to go below our entire BNP :E

Anyway, the Commanche!!! Its a cool helo!!! Cant beleive they scrapped it. It does give a hint... If they dont count on using close range low flying stealth helos in the future, what exactly do they have in terms of precision stealth aircrafts? Aurora comes into mind...

hmmmm, curios. Why would they scrap it?

I doubt its just because of the money since so much has been spent on it allready....

Maybe the saved money is going on bushs re election campain.... :p

it wasent really cancelled, its just top secret again :naughty: it had a design rehaul and now its invisible...(thermoptics) and its being developed in area 51

and it was tranfered to the black budget

heheh, more likely they have decided that they have refined the alien technology found in area 51 enough to scrap all helicopters alltogether and just use flying sourcers! :smoking:

What a collossal waste of money. I guess the technology gained from the project will go towards making a superior helicopter though, but it's still a waste.

Whow....

you know why?
because they already have something a whole lot better. the Commanche, while and AWESOME heli, it what, 12 years dated now?

A2597 said:
Whow....

you know why?
because they already have something a whole lot better. the Commanche, while and AWESOME heli, it what, 12 years dated now?

Just chuck a couple more GeForce 4s in there and she'll be right as rain.

Hmm... any chance we could connect this to Bush? I feel like a rant :)

Aghhh 8 BILLION! (hmmm, specialized plane mph gauge....4 million dollars, publicizing the new plane...4 Billion dollars...screwing american citizens...priceless)

Back