Assassins Creed PC Specs...

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
..ouch!

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0?compliant video card or DirectX 9.0?compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Check my blog (sig) for the rest :)

And on that note, instead of creating a new thread; Alan Wake is now Vista exclusive for the billionth time, gg. Good thing I finally made the switch.

My old computer can't even run AC. I figured first gen dual-cores would at least last a bit longer.

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like an unoptimized piece of crap port. The game looks nowhere near good enough to need those ridiculous specs.

Ack! 12GB hard drive space??? Wow. Way to keep the load times down I guess. The ridiculous RAM requirement will help with that too I guess. Really makes you appreciate your respective next-gen console(s) now doesn't it? :p

I thought they delayed the PC release for further optimization... Looks to me like they were jerking off the entire time.

Heck it's ubisoft. Ubisoft have never been good with PC ports.

3gb ram recommended!!!!??/facepalms

meh you won't be missing out on much tbh.

You'd think that since it was running on pretty much a PC anyway, they could keep to what the Xbox360 has in it's hardware (albeit needing more HD space). How the hell did they manage to make it require MORE specs?

Am I missing something?

Mass Effect is twice the game AC is, and will probably have only 1/2 the system requirements (except maybe for gfx card)

Mass Effect is twice the game AC is, and will probably have only 1/2 the system requirements (except maybe for gfx card)
Yeah, good systems with plenty of RAM should not suffer the ridiculous textures pop-in from ME either. But yes, ME is actually more like 3 or 4 times the game that AC is.

Will there be a map editor? There has to be a map editor dammit!

You'd think that since it was running on pretty much a PC anyway, they could keep to what the Xbox360 has in it's hardware (albeit needing more HD space). How the hell did they manage to make it require MORE specs?

Am I missing something?

Yes. Capitalism.

Will there be a map editor? There has to be a map editor dammit!

From ubisoft? None for bare bones straight ports that usually don't work? I don't think so

Pfft. Any game that doesnt capture my interest 4 hours in is not an ideal game.

pc gaming is starting to piss me off... theres not really any benefits these days to playing a game on pc over its console counterpart thanks to most games bieng tailored for console gamers...

I think the machine im writing this post on will probably be my last...

WTF this is higher spec than Crysis. I'am giving up PC gaming after this computer there's no point anymore. I should have guessed Ubisoft would **** it up i mean Resident Evil 4 PC with no mouse support and weaker graphics than the PS2 version.

This just can't be true. I buy my new computer and then, 2 days after I do i, I find out that soon there will not be a point in having done so anymore.

**** ubisoft.

Who can honestly afford to keep up with modern pc games? Personally I wish developers would go for more mainstream PC requirements.

Aye, it sucks balls. I'd be more than happy with Source quality gfx for the next few years, but noooooo.

Mass Effect is twice the game AC is, and will probably have only 1/2 the system requirements
And ran thrice as crap. :|

Edit - Also, I highly endorse the above three posts. You almost have to wonder just how much graphics card companies are paying PC devs to make it worth their while.

Back