ASUS a7n8x-x

SpuD

Reaction score
I just installed this mobo, it works great except for the sound, for some reason, the 2 surround speakers dont work, no noise is coming out of them.
ANd the speakers are a wee bit staticy.

I would say that it uses the SoundStorm onboard audio that rivals the Audigy 2, but the specs doesnt say anything about it, odd... Have you updated the Nvidia mobo drivers?

When I first got my A7N8X I had some sound problems as well but the newest drivers fixed them. (They weren't the same as yours. When I played a game the sound got choppy/echoey/staticy but they were sound problems so I'd say a driver update is worth a shot.)

noodly, i had the same thing... with the a7n8x-deluxe. it would turn like buzzy, after awhile of playing natural-selection, it was really odd..
but, i have the latest drivers now, and problem hasnt happened again... and again the original post, just try and figure out something, i dont think its drivers, just ur own sound levels not working

Originally posted by dawdler
I would say that it uses the SoundStorm onboard audio that rivals the Audigy 2, but the specs doesnt say anything about it, odd... Have you updated the Nvidia mobo drivers?
the a7n8x-x does not use soundstorm audio

you need to change your speaker settings to 6.1 sound. fiddle with the sound control panel program

Yes! I fixed it, i just dowloaded a little dealie and it had 3 configurations to change to get it working! Sounds soo much better now

Back