ATTENTION MODDERS- SOFTIMAGE XSI on the cheap! (real cheap)

Korgoth

Reaction score
This is fantastic news guys, sorry if its been posted already but I have yet to see it.

http://www.xsibase.com/news.php?detail=1046
(go here for details)

Basically you can get your dream app, for under $500 (USD)!!!! :bounce:
Fully functioning, all kinds of sweetness! Fully licensed :thumbs:

"SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.4.0 Foundation"
$495 (USD)
http://www.softimage.com/products/Xsi/v4/comparison/default.asp
(Go here for comparison to other versions of softimage)

It gets even sweeter, because if you buy soon, you'll get a bundled dvd training set FREE, the dvd alone sells for around $200 bucks. Think i'm switchin' apps.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31112
Damn, already posted, original post is above, mods please delet :) (sorry)

what do you mean plane model?

you mean like knitting a head model? I'm sure XSI has a create/append plane tool somewhere, just need to get used to the UI

$500 isnt that amazing. my Max 6 student version ( full thing, but bombs out after 2 years...which is a long time ) cost £90. i dunno, thats kinda irrelevant but hey, ive written it now.

about liking XSI, i tried it, but really didnt like it at all, im sticking with Max. i wouldnt go as far to say its shit, i guess you just have to start with it, or get used to it.

Smart move for softimage, they'll get a lot of sales with this but i can't see Discreet not doing the same thing now.
/me waits a few months for Discreet to make a cheap version of max.

I really don't like you eyesore :thumbs:

i'm a max user, but it never hurts to broaden your bases guys. If you know how to model then it doesn't matter what app you use, sure your workflow may be faster in one as opposed to the other, but why not add some variety to your portfolio/resume. If your like me, i'm stuck in a rut with max. I've become so accustomed to how i work in max, everything seems to come out the same. I think a change will do me good :)

XSI has that thing where u can just create characters outta options....kinda cheap....

everyone can tell when someone uses the character generation stuff in XSI so no one uses it for real projects, but on the other hand if you want to test some game systems and stuff it really helps

also I got an email from Softimage saying the student version would be 298$

HAHAHA... if the "xsi is shit" comments came from pro's, i'd be worried.

XSI is great, good price, excellent customer service (99% of you wouldnt know, since your using the cracked one..), and the client base is growing exponentially.

Not to mention that the Next generation XBOX 2 Titles are mostly being done with XSI...... and im working on one, so take that you xsi haters, stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

no, he uses notepad.

Anyway, I caaaaan't wait to get back at my old comp. I want to get all the max crap on my new comp.

Yeh XSI is pretty spanky the dongle you get is pretty cool.

Novel way to stop piracy.

actually, softimagexsi foundations won't have a dongle...

I don't like XSI, you can't plane model with it.

Press "N" to draw polygons.
Press "\" to draw edges.
Press "Insert" to place vertices.

Read the manual, otherwise you just look silly.

SidewinderX said:
Well, I hope max does something similar.

with the release of 3dsmax7, 3dsmax6 will drop in price.

Back