August 28th. Day Looming

28th of August?

• Good things will happen!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • End of the world!

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Nothing is gonna happen!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • You ARE a kook. Seek psychiatric help.

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

oldi1knoby

Zombie
Reaction score
Have you ever felt like a date really sticks out? August 28th is really sticking out to me for some reason. So many things in my life are falling on that date. The Bus strike here in Hawaii is scheduled for the 28th, Mars is going to be the closest it has ever been on the 28th. There are a bunch of other things, but you get the point. I may just be a kook, but I feel something is going to happen that day. Maybe I'll win the Publisher's Clearing house. Maybe the world will end. Maybe nothing will happen. I don't know, but I just feel odd about that day.

Anyone else going to go outside the city on the 28th to spot Mars in the south sky? They say it will be visible with the naked eye. It will be the closest it has ever been to earth in 77k years(if the world has been around that long).

Mars eh? I think something bad will happen. End of the world. At least i hope so. Nothing exciting ever happens. Considering earth isnt perfect we need all the more death and destruction we can get. Burn in hates sucas!!!!

kidding.

i think its suppose to be visible only with a telescope but doesnt have to be a very powerful one. Also i thought it was 66,000 years not 77k and yes the world has been around for 4 billion years. Also ya im going to view mars probably along with my bros

Hey Ridic, i remember your Preston avatar, well i saw that movie today, good movie. On the 28th humanity will be changed forever.

On August 28th, Gabe Newell, our savior, will take us to fairy land, where all the happy lil' gamers get happy!

On the 28t... the SDK will be released. I hope, well actually it doesn't matter, we can get someone to Valve now, so no worries :D :D

on 28th, my greatgrandmother will be 103

this is not a joke

On the 28th of August...I will be taken back into my collage for a second year. I will be put back into the system. Then on the 1st monday in september, i will be back in collage for lessons.

Ok oldi1knoby I want you to come back in a week and tell us what exactly will have happened on that day. I'm betting nothing special :)

A meteor will destroy Valve Software and all the people and stuff inside, delaying HL 2 for 10 more years... Then a Killer monkey will go back in time to stop the meteor from hitting, but will instead be distracted by a fresh banana....

I was able to see Mars in the window for the past month or so (with a naked eye). It's brighter then any other star and has this sort of reddish color to it. You can't miss it, unless it's cloudy or something.

I never got to reply back to this thread because my CABLE went down. Was out for a 20 block radius. Sucks huh? Anyways, another thing that sticks out that day is the MTV VMA's..

I doubt anything will happen that day though

Well, the 28th ended 1 hour ago, and I am alive. Mars didn't crash into the earth. Pretty good week for me actually. I got my loan money, grant money, I got a job today, and I found an apartment today.

Good day all around :)

And, we got my brother's new computer today. It's a 3gig p4 with 1 gig of RAM. It has a fx5200, but he's going to upgrade it later on down the road.

All in all, I had a great day, and even better first week of college.

Que sera, sera(sp?), whatever will be will be. The future's not mine to see, que sera, sera.

Back