Auto Switching to picked up weapons

rpgprog

Reaction score
does anyone know how to turn off switching to a better weapon on pickup. It has caused me more problems than it helped me. Thank you

Causes everyone problems. I don't think it can be turned off, yet. I hope I am wrong though. ;)

im guessing you didnt search the forums before you posted this??

BTW, no. :D

Yes, this issue has been posted no fewer than three times and no one can come up with an answer.

This has got to be the most annoying thing ever.

If I pick up ammo for an empty gun it changes to that empty gun and proceeds to reload! WTF?!?! If in the middle of a firefight, it is certain death.

I used that once in CS:S. I was fighting someone who had a pistol so I threw my empty gun at them, and then shot them in the face with my pistol :D

here's an idea:

we all mail Gabe and tell him to get this shit fixed, no flattery bullshit and no other subjects...just this bug...maybe then something will be done.

because obviously Valve doesn't pay attention to bug reports(I've reported this twice or more now(along with other bug reports))

what I don't get is how stupid this shit is...I mean they have the option to turn it off in CS:S and CS...why not in HL2DM???(oh yeah I forgot it wasn't in HLDM either and it annoyed me back then aswell...) it's so ****ing obvious!

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
here's an idea:

we all mail Gabe and tell him to get this shit fixed, no flattery bullshit and no other subjects...just this bug...maybe then something will be done.

Im in for that, but you need to make like a patition email or something with everyones names or emails on it to prove how many people want this fixed... :thumbs:

Computer5k said:
I used that once in CS:S. I was fighting someone who had a pistol so I threw my empty gun at them, and then shot them in the face with my pistol :D

HAHA WOW thats a heavy idea, thanks for that :D :D :D

Shimoneous said:
Im in for that, but you need to make like a patition email or something with everyones names or emails on it to prove how many people want this fixed... :thumbs:

actually sending individual mails will be better since when his mailbox gets flooded with mails about this bug it can't just be ignored or overseen...I'm gonna mail him now and I suggest everybody else do aswell...this is the main thing that keeps me from enjoying HL2DM in it's full glory(and the main reason I die ingame)

I just send my mail...here's how it goes:

Subject title: Auto-switch in HL2DM(READ!!!)

Hi Gabe
I'll make this short.

PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO TURN OFF AUTO-SWITCH WEAPON IN HL2DM!

Sincerely Magnus and apparently a lot of other people: http://www.noautoswitch****

I suggest you all send a mail in similar format just signed with your own name...

that way I don't see how Valve can excuse not putting the option in for the next update...

This has happened to me before.... The worst time was when I was shooting a guy with the Combine Pulse Rifle, I pick up an empty, EMPTY!!!!! - 357 magnum. The end result is me dying and falling into a ditch.

i think they block "dot tk" because it might be a hacker thing

inhl1 there is a command to do it if u find that out it may be relayable to the sauce engine

Here is my correspondence with Steam on this issue:

Me:
I am wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic weapon selection that occurs when you pick up a weapon in the game...specifically in Deathmatch. It's just quite irritating to have a new weapon popup when you've got a shot lined up with the weapon you'd prefer to use.

Steam:
Hello,

Currently there is no option regarding this particular problem. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Me:
I understand...I guess

Anyway, are there any PLANS to have an option for this? It's incredibly irritating and I'm not alone here.

Steam:
Hello,

There may be at some point in the future, although nothing definate has been announced.

Wow, it's like they "feel my pain"....

Back