Avid modeling competition

The Dark Elf

Reaction score
The Avid Computer Graphics team, in conjunction with Hewlett-Packard, NVIDIA and Gamedev.net, is pleased to announce the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Mod Tool “Lock & Load” Challenge.

We are looking for original, compelling characters produced with the XSI Mod Tool that are both visually stunning and believably animated. The characters will be judged in-game on specific visual and animation criteria.

Prizes

Over $25,000 worth of prizes:

1st PRIZE

For the winner: An HP xw9300 Workstation with SOFTIMAGE|XSI Advanced production license (maintenance not included).

2nd PRIZE

For the winner: An HP xw9300 Workstation with SOFTIMAGE|XSI Essentials production license (maintenance not included).

3rd PRIZE

For the winner: An HP xw9300 Workstation with SOFTIMAGE|XSI Foundation production license (maintenance not included).

For full details, rules and eligibility, please visit our web site

Hurry! Contest submissions must be me made no later than July 1, 2005.

If you haven't download the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Mod Tool, you can get it for FREE here.

Good Luck!
The Avid Computer Graphics team

---

The Contest is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the recognized legal age of adulthood in their respective jurisdiction (when that age is higher than 18) and who are residents of the U.S., France, Germany, the United Kingdom, or Canada (except Quebec)

Employees, representatives, agents, independent contractors, officers, and directors of SPONSOR, its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest.

----

http://www.softimage.com/community/xsi/contests/LOCKnLOAD/info.asp?src=ModContestBlast

Meh, there probably will be hardly any pros with the XSI mod tool cuz its not been out long....

and I would try but I can't animate for shite

yea, u need a .exp file that can be used to export the model by the judges. This means u must rig and envelope (and possibly animate) the model in xsi. still, havent seen any decent player models made for hl2 from scratch, other then the dystopia ones.

Back