Awakening - HL2 Single Player mod

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Now there's not many Halflife 2 single player modifications out there, and even less which are highly rated. But Bluestrike's Awakening is shaping up as something quite promising. His website shows a new array of media for the impending release, a selection of which can be seen below.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]The mod promises to take place in Black Mesa-like areas set in a pre-Halflife 2 time frame. Also, you play as Adrian Shepard brought back by Gman. Although the story does sound shakey this mod is looking good with some very talented mapping. Stay posted for the release.

I get the feeling Adrian Shephard isn't going to help the mod.

EDIT: And the hud ammo box changed colour between the first and the last screenshot.

But hey, we don't see many SP mods nowadays.

It sounds good but Adrian Shephard puts me off.

I think the shots look great, though they could do with being a little less 'sparse'. I hate Shephard, but I'll look forward to it all the same. Good luck. :thumbs:

I'm digging the snow in those pics. I'll be sure to play it, just for that.

This looks pretty promising. Gonna have to keep my eyes on this. And yes, snow does rule.

It's a really fun mod to play. I speak from experience ;)

Their just pissly because shephard took there bus money to GearBox :p

If it's pre Half Life 2, why is there a Half Life 2 propaganda poster on the barn door in the 3rd pic? Consistency please! :)

It looks pretty cool. I don't really care that much about the plot. (SP Mods ftw!)

So, when will it be released?

I think it means after the combine invasion but before the events of HL2 (which is a window of a few years)

I'll accept that, just the way I read it sounded around 7 hour war time line.

Back