Bad Day LA preview

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
this game sounds like it's right up my alley ..sounds like fun too:

"McGee's latest foray into the video-game scene is Bad Day L.A., which looks to provide a not-so-serious riff on government overprotection and the culture of disaster. If you can imagine a spoof of The Day After Tomorrow starring Dave Chappelle, you've just barely begun to scratch the surface of what McGee and co. are shooting for. The anti-hero is one Anthony Williams, a homeless man in Los Angeles who has pretty much given up on society and its people. His disdain for humanity is evident in the opening scene of the game when he pauses to defecate in the middle of a congested freeway during rush hour."

"As the missions progress, Williams finds he is not alone. He can be joined by up to four sidekicks, each with a special ability. A little boy is the first cohort, using projectile vomiting as his weapon. In another mission, Juan the gardener shows up, sporting a chainsaw and leaf blower. And, of course, what's L.A. without a dumb blonde? Beverly will join offering to confuse enemies. Finally, there is The Sarge. Not too much was said about his abilities, but we did learn that he utters nothing but George Bush quotes. "

gamespy article

Yes, a perfect satire of american society. Reminds me of Postal 2. I saw the trailer, looks like fun.

American McGee's a cool cat.

...but ZM still owns him, as it does all cats.

Anthony Williams!? LOL! He's the mayor of DC! ROFL!

Wonder if they picked that name on purpose

He was interviewed on i think AOTS on G4 tv and had a playable 'build' of the game... and from the part they showed it looked pretty damned boring and the running animations of the main character were bad.

Granted, obviously, this is early in development, just thought i'd mention it.

Homless Snark said:
He was interviewed on i think AOTS on G4 tv and had a playable 'build' of the game... and from the part they showed it looked pretty damned boring and the running animations of the main character were bad.

Granted, obviously, this is early in development, just thought i'd mention it.
*homeless

Sorry, couldn't help it :cheers:

CptStern said:
the sparrow flies lightly despite the morning dew
We wouldn't pimp ZM all the time if we weren't totally confident it can live up to the hype.

Ennui said:
We wouldn't pimp ZM all the time if we weren't totally confident it can live up to the hype.

ahhhhh it took my 24 hours but I finally realised what ZM is ...and I'm not telling anyone ..ask angry attorney

Back