Banned from CS = Banned from CS:S??

tank_fuel

Reaction score
I recently found out that I got banned from just regular CS

.. but my problem is that i registered, through the ati voucher, my half life 2 on the same account. Will I be able to play CS:S on this account. steampowered says no

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=151280

:So is there a way to unregister my ati voucher on my current steam account,, then make another account? This is soooo messed up. ;( yea so i cheated a little bit because cs was getting so boring and yea i got sick of the other cheaters. That doesn't mean you have to take away CS:S from me. I've been waiting so patiently and I've been playing de_dust for hours on end. Please nooooooo save meeeee!!! :imu:

^agreed. tough luck mate. make a new account and get it that way.

I tried.. but it says the key has been registered with another account or something. So I'm thinking that I have to cancel one first or something. Should i sell my voucher to someone? muahaha >.<

Erm, no. You are an idiot if you try to scam poor folk into buying your already used ATI voucher.

You have to buy a new HL2.

Sorry to say, but your out of luck.
There is no way at the moment to un-register an key.
You will have to set up a new account and purchase another version of HL2.
I do feel sorry for you, but i hope you have learnt your lesson.
Good luck

haha just a joke I wouldn't.. but I don't think I should have to buy HL2 again when I recieved it as a gift for buying a graphics card. And if I have another copy of something I don't want it to not work. I don't think this is really fair. Even though cheating isn't really fair either. buying something thats nothing isn't fair.. oO if that makes any sence.

Yes. Basically you can play HL2, but funnily enough, Valve don't want cheaters to be able to play any of their games online.

Fair enough if you ask me.

:rolleyes: whatever.. I hope theres a valve customer support. I think I'll give them a shot.

I know but it was getting boring. not much of an excuse
but it's so shady of steam to ban the account of something so long ago. Right before CS:S comes out. It made me register the key thinking everything is fine. When everything was so obviously not ok. and it's not like I was cheating all the time I'm actually pretty good at CS. I don't appreciate being called a cheater and that I don't deserve stuff you straight edge square =P
off to work laters

Maybe you should have checked if the cheat was VAC proof like every other cheater in existence does? Just a little advice for the future. :rolling:

lol u won't get any help of me, i personally hate cheaters. if u had to ruin other ppls games to make urs more enjoyable then maybe u should play a new game or sumthing thats less boring for u. btw can't wait to play CSS tonite :D

Funny, you DO deserve to be called a cheater, because you cheated. Funnily enough you aren't voided of being called a cheater just because you were good before.

You technically are getting what you were meant to get for free anyway, which is Half Life 2 so stop complaining and live with it!

There's a lesson in all this...

Don't cheat and you won't get banned!

Play on insecure servers, atm all css servers are insecure.

tank_fuel said:
yea so i cheated a little bit because ... i got sick of the other cheaters.

Someone was doing something that spoiled your game, so you decided to do it to? Then you expect us to feel sorry for you and help you? Um, no.

By the way, how do you cheat a little bit? Did you use an aimbot to target them, then not fire? No? Right. If you made one kill using a cheat, then the CS community (and I think I speak for the majority here) don't want you around.

You did something wrong, you got caught, suck it up. Would you expect to escape jail becuase you raped someone "a little bit"?

I don't think it's right at all for his account to be banned. Granted, he got it for "free" with his vid card, but suppose he payed the $90 for it!! I would be pissed out of control if I couldn't play because of a cheat I used a long time ago. I bet a nice email to Valve should clear it all up.

Edit: Wow... Link, comparing cheating to .... rape?? I don't cheat, and I hate how games are ruined when other players cheat, but come on... RAPE???

Link said:
Would you expect to escape jail becuase you raped someone "a little bit"?

That's taking it a bit too far Link. It's not the same thing and you know it.

Sub_Lon - It states in the user agreement that cheating voids your right to a license, or words to that effect, so $90 or not, he has chosen to give up his copy.

As to the analogy, I am not saying they are comparable crimes. What I am saying is that if someone "Raped someone a little bit" they should get the full force of legal punishment as someone who didn't just do it a "little bit". Thus, if he cheated a "little bit" he should get punished as should someone who cheats all the time.

Please don't give me hassle about the choise of crime I use for the analogy, its a valid point. And before I get barages of "Link thinks rapes ok!!!" or some crap like that, I'll tell you I have associative guilt, by which I mean I feel guilty simply for being a man when I know there are men out there who do such things. I feel guilty that I do not spend every waking moment hunting such men down. I chose it because I believe all real men feel the same and as such makes you think. Anyway, it happens, will not talking about it make it stop? Its something that needs to be faced and dealt with.

Anyway, thats totally of topic - Back to tank_fuels "problem"

Nah Link I didn't mean that, just that comparing cheating in video games to real life crimes is a bit exagerated that's all. :)

haha do you honestly expect people to feel sorry for you? you cheated once, therefore there's a pretty good chance that you'll cheat in cs:source. and we dont' need that. hey, i got bored with counter-strike too. guess what my solution was...i stopped playing it.

i dont' get that mentality. people do things that they're not supposed to. they get caught and punished. then they're like "omg what the hell. thats so unfair"

u dug yourself into a hole, and u have to pay to get out. literally pay the price for cheating mate.

you DO deserve to be called a cheater and you deserve NO rewards for such behavior...bite the bullet and quit complaining

Swap your account with a friend who doesnt want any online mp.

tank_fuel said:
I tried.. but it says the key has been registered with another account or something. So I'm thinking that I have to cancel one first or something. Should i sell my voucher to someone? muahaha >.<

yeah in your first post your all nice and trying to get people to feel sorry for you, you little shit. the quote above just shows exactly the kind of person you are never mind the fact that you cheat. i hope valve find a way to track down any account you make and ban it before you start cheating again. you suck.

i'm back from work yeay cs rocks. I wasn't banned after all.

oh yea and i'm not going to be cheating for the time being. Just playing it how it was ment to be played. and I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me just to see if there was a solution to my problem that anyone knew of.

and if you're trying to make me feel bad over the internet it's not likely to work.. except that you guys taking my selling a crappy steam key to someone seriously i wouldn't do that :rolling:

anyways no more replys so later everyone. off to enjoy cs:s

looks like you just got banned from the server you were playing on. too bad VAC didn't ban your ass.. maybe you have learned a lesson now ?

edited: because i don't like flamers, thus i should not flame.

tank_fuel said:
oh yea and i'm not going to be cheating for the time being.
So much for not being a cheater, eh? You, sir, are a complete ass. What I suggest you do is start early on the cheating so you get banned again ASAP.
and if you're trying to make me feel bad over the internet it's not likely to work..
I'm telling you this for your own information, as you seem to be completely oblivious.

Back