Barnacle Gun EXPLAINED

specialmax

Reaction score
Nuff said...

1. How it is used...

If you listend to the message the man sci had he talked how they detached it it needs organic material to survive yadda yadda yadda, but anyways if you studied it closley on the back theres a hole like a tube. You put your hand in the barnacle and voila it obeys you.

How to fire: Simply make a fist...

How to get it off cover its face with a gun or anything really but if you are a strong young man never mind, anyways while its covered use the hand in the barnacle to pinch it! It then will have a shock realesing it self from your arm, note: your arm might have slime on it ;)

How they unattached it: While the barnacle was in it's little "cattipiler" stage its a slug like thing. They simply put it in a stasis freezing its aging and now its stuck a catapiller, they cut a small hole on its rear end (it dosn't have a anus, that is why it pukes blood and waste when it dies) They put it in a stasis again so its frozen in time. They then wait a couple of days and the hole has widened it developed what I call a "Sucking Hole". It uses its SH sucking hole to get on ceilings and organic matter to go to its last stage "barnacle". They remove all teeth and put the tounge in the front of the mout h so it basicly hangs out a bit, now its finished!

I studied Barnacles for 2 months I know this thankyou :)

wow i did not catch any of that but bravo you played op4 like a lot of other people. it would be cool to use barnacle in hl2 tho

the barnacle in OPF had to have had teeth or else how would it kill the things you grab on to?

Nice and... very disgusting speculation, makes sort of terrible, terrible disgusting sense. Did they have stasis tech at BMRF?

Lol, i wouldnt want to but my hand in there, who knows what it has eaten :D HAHAHA

blinking halo said:
not even to save the world (and your own ass)?
If I have to stick my hand up something else's ass and make a fist inside that thing's ass to save my and everyone elses asses, that thing can kiss its mine and everyone elses ass goodbye!

I still think they evolve from the zombies.

No, i mean the barnicals, Find a pic of one of the big zombies from op4 and check out their chest, its all ripping open with big teeth coming out. Looks the same as a barnical.

I seem to remember in OpF that barnacle could only latch onto the green moss patches, enemies and (quite amusingly) other players in Sven Co-op. I can't remember if you could kill sceintists with it

Ok it has teeh duh! No statsis tech only hyper Sleep kinda like stasis but you sleep,
I also found out you pinch its tounge which is in it's stomach. Thats how it goes out like a chameleon. Last it's not its but it's it's rear sucking hole that dosn't suck but it does have a suction like thing for it to get on walls.

I think they're pretty similar to normal barnacles.

After selecting a spot, the barnacle secures itself head-first to the surface with a brown glue. Now the larva is ready to grow into an adult and build its tough housing.

Except the Barnacle Gun must have been bred differently in captivity, or they found a way to detach it.

Stormy said:
No, i mean the barnicals, Find a pic of one of the big zombies from op4 and check out their chest, its all ripping open with big teeth coming out. Looks the same as a barnical.

Well that is OP4, their enemies are Gearbox made, not Valve made.

The barnacle gun is retarded. You cannot justify fisting a barnacle for any reason.

^^ Well, you can, but you need Battlefrank for that. [/RANDOM]

EDIT : Rofl, I'd shit my pants laughing if the barnacle would say 'Please be gentle' right before you stick it in.

Get me a model of it for garrys mod and your pants shall be latent with dropings of your makeing.

*wonders if any one will sig that*

Meh, It's not funny enough for me to sig... and I sig a lot! I'm like some sort of sig whore...

Also, the barnacle gun sucks, It can't even kill people!

Stormy said:
They are all bio engineered by the 'Benefactors', so yes. Sort of. :p

Varsity said:
They are all bio engineered by the 'Benefactors', so yes. Sort of. :p

Not neccesarily. Could just be evolution taking its course.

And if Barnacles and Gonomes are the same because of their teeth, then they're related to sharks, and people with braces.

-Angry Lawyer

Stormy said:

Umm thats the ribs

im sorry, i havent played hl1, and i dont know what this barnacle gun is. can you use it in hl2, and if you can, how?

rynopurge said:
im sorry, i havent played hl1, and i dont know what this barnacle gun is. can you use it in hl2, and if you can, how?
No. It's OpFor only.

People should buy and play Half Life 1. It's good even in this day and age, takes about 20-30 minutes to adjust to the ugliness. ;) .

Jandor said:
People should buy and play Half Life 1. It's good even in this day and age, takes about 20-30 minutes to adjust to the ugliness. ;) .
Lies its always beutiful

Jandor said:

DO NOT MOCK THE GODS!

*also wonders if anybody will sig that*

barnacle.jpg

quoted from the barnacel scientist hologram in Op4-
Ah, yes, Walter, we were finally able to successfully detach one of the barnacle creatures from it’s point of gestation. As before, we were still only able to caress the creature to latch onto organic material. Unfortunately, the administrator has called me down to the anomalous materials lab this morning for an important experiment, so I don’t have time to further my analysis. Take specimen number 1176 and log anything else you can find.

/me wonders if it helps at all...

Que-Ever said:
Ah, yes, Walter, we were finally able to successfully detach one of the barnacle creatures from it’s point of gestation. As before, we were still only able to caress the creature to latch onto organic material. Unfortunately, the administrator has called me down to the anomalous materials lab this morning for an important experiment, so I don’t have time to further my analysis. Take specimen number 1176 and log anything else you can find.
Are you sure its “caress” and not “coerce”?
Stormy said:
I still think they evolve from the zombies.
:LOL: Leave it to someone named after Stormy to say that.
"I said its dodgeball time, bitch."

Back