Batman in new MK game, "Mortal Kombat Online"

Reginald

Reaction score
mkvsdctz7.jpg

Could it be Mortal Kombat Vs DC? That would be awesome. Regardless, this is supposedly all part of rebooting the series to get some old fans back and some brand new ones.

However, according to Kotaku, this new game will have no fatalities and very little blood which to me doesn't make it a Mortal Kombat game at all...

Wondering why DC comics would seemingly sign onto a project that would let Scorpion rip Wonder Woman's head off? You know...kill a superhero? So were we. So were you. This might explain it: a former Midway employee has contacted us and said that he worked on the game, and that Mortal Kombat v DC features "no fatalities and little-to-no blood". In other words, "MK is dead". No blood, no fatalities...if this is true, why is this game called Mortal Kombat again?

Regardless, Batman and perhaps other DC characters could just be the publicity push it needs to win back some gamers from the might of the Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive series.

Too little, too late. Mortal Kombat sucks shit. After MK4 the series went to an inescapable hell dimension. A hell dimension of shitty gameplay mechanics, lackluster graphics, and stripped of all fun. All fun went right out the window, starting with goddamned Deadly Alliance. Deadly Alliance, off the top of my head when people ask me, "What's the worst game you've ever played," THAT'S my answer. I'd rather play Rise of the f*cking Robots before I play DA. Deadly Alliance = shit. Deception = shit. Armageddon = shit.

You people should know well my love affair with Batman. Darkside's love of Batman is reknowned throughout the universe. Batman's my hero. On my all-time list of heroes, Batman's up there. Few people can match how great Batman is in my eyes; I'll defend Batman to the DEATH. Hell this morning I was watching World's Finest, before that tonight some friends and I were shooting the shit and the conversation must've dropped on Batman like twenty times. But even Batman, even BATMAN, whom I LOVE, love beyond all other superheroes HANDS DOWN, even Batman won't get me to play another Mortal Kombat game, that's how shit it is. That is how f*cking bad these games are, people.

All the years on this forum I've kinda noticed there aren't too many fighting game fans here, or most of you just have a passing knowledge of fighting games; let me say that I'm the maestro of fighters, most of what gaming I do is fighters, and the latest Mortal Kombat games are the shittiest f*cking fighters I have ever had the severe misfortune of playing. They require NO skill, the game mechanics are ass and a half. It is literally a game made for button-smashing noobs. "Let me memorize this combo and hit all the buttons as quickly as I can in a hamfisted sequence that requires absolutely no timing on my part." You could take a mallet to the controller, smash it, and you'd make a combo on Deadly Alliance. Batman can't save that. Using the Unreal 3 engine can't save that. Game was designed for monkeys. Probably coded by monkeys! It's shit. Complete shit. Just typing about it fills me with rage, white hot rage.

F*ck. Stupid DC. Should've teamed up with somebody, ANYBODY else. Anybody. Could've taken anybody. Take f*ckin'...make DC vs. SNK. DC vs. Sammy. DC vs. Melty Blood, I don't care. ANYBODY but Mortal Kombat. F*CK! This is an evil plot. The Injustice League was behind this shit, I know it. I'm so mad right now. I'm going to go play some Mugen, where I have Batman as a character. And I guarantee he plays better in his fanmade beta state than he will in MK vs. DC.

This is up there in WTF land with vader and yoda in SC IV. They're all just cashing in :dozey:

i read this and said to myself

"isn't it a bit late for April Fools jokes?"

then i realized that we we're talking about the dying franchise that is MK. . .

MK should revamp and be made to compete against the other franchises

MK should go back to their roots but with a totally new feel kinda like what Street Fighter 4 is doing.

I agree with everyone that has already posted. How can they even call this Mortal Kombat if there are no fatalities??? :rolling:

Is it me, or would Batman be able to utilize Scorpions harpoon attack as well? :p

Are fighting games that unpopular outside of Japan that they have to sell out so blatantly to attract western audiences?

I know MK is certainly not known for it's storyline but this is supposed to continue from the previous games o_O how the **** they can try and put DC and MK characters into any sort of remotely coherent story let alone one that continues from previous games is beyond me.

I know MK is certainly not known for it's storyline but this is supposed to continue from the previous games o_O how the **** they can try and put DC and MK characters into any sort of remotely coherent story let alone one that continues from previous games is beyond me.

lol Since when is 20 seconds of a characters end game footage considered a "storyline"?
Who gives a crap about coherent storylines when it comes to fighting games anyway?
It's all about the characters,their fighting style and personality.I couldn't give a rats ass about their background story.You are trading bone shattering blows back and fort.It's meant to be nothing more then mindless fun.

Just a note, I reckon the Mortal Kombat Online watermark on the original poster I posted must be an MK fansite rather than the game title I supposed it to be. Whoops!

While I do agree with the whole "no fatality / blood = not MK" sentiment, but if I were to ask the majority of you, would you buy it even if it had all that?

That to me, explains why they stripped MK of it. It all makes sense since you look at the most popular fighting games and none of them feature the sheer brutality of the past MK games. It's only logical that the producers themselves realized this and shifted the focus of their MK games away from the violence the series has traditional been known for.

lol Since when is 20 seconds of a characters end game footage considered a "storyline"?
Who gives a crap about coherent storylines when it comes to fighting games anyway?
It's all about the characters,their fighting style and personality.I couldn't give a rats ass about their background story.You are trading bone shattering blows back and fort.It's meant to be nothing more then mindless fun.

Yeah I know I don't give a **** about story in fighting games let alone MK but I would love to see how midway handles this.

I'm shaking my head at you.

Storyline's important no matter what game you're playing, even fighting games. Actually, ESPECIALLY fighting games. How can you master a character if you know nothing about them?! You can't! You can only truly tap a character's potential when you know their background, when you understand their personality. In some ways it gives you insight on how to play your character beyond memorizing movelists and combos, frames and mindgames.

I'm shaking my head at you.

Storyline's important no matter what game you're playing, even fighting games. Actually, ESPECIALLY fighting games. How can you master a character if you know nothing about them?! You can't! You can only truly tap a character's potential when you know their background, when you understand their personality. In some ways it gives you insight on how to play your character beyond memorizing movelists and combos, frames and mindgames.

No it's not.
Use your imagination for a change.

Back