Battlefield: Bad Company 2 LE On Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a huge title that myself and many others have been eagerly anticipating, and it is now available for pre-order through Steam for ?34.99 / 49,99? / $49.99. With the pre-order you will be able to access the early beta multi-player which is available from January 28th through to February 25th. You'll also receive 6 multi-player weapon unlocks to customise your kits.[br]Halflife2.net's community have always been a massive fan of the Battlefield games and you can be sure many of us will be teaming up in Bad Company 2 this year! The recommended specs for this title are quite steep, so ensure your PC can run it first (see bottom of Steam store page).

You now own Battlefield Bad Company 2 Pre-Order.

:D

I have never tried a beta tbh. Does it ever ruin the anticipation/flavor of the final product?

Anyone know how many players its going to support in a match?

Anyone know how many players its going to support in a match?

Battlefield: Bad Company marked the first entry in DICE's first-person shooter series to be designed solely for consoles. As part of that transition, the franchise's trademark 64-player online matches were scaled down to 24 in an effort to keep things running smoothly on trickier network configurations.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefieldbadcompany2/news.html?sid=6210090&mode=previews

Assuming it's this for all platforms. Maybe it's changed, idk.

I'd definitely pre-order this, but sadly I won't be able to play the beta that much. I still plan on buying the game though.

Also, the single player looks pretty standard. But considering the online portion is the best aspect of this game, who cares.

There are so many good games coming out for PC this year. On my list I have Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction and Bioshock 2. Looks like it's going to be an expensive year and I'm really hoping that the support works out well with the falcon!

Going to preorder Battlefield Bad Company 2 soon though

Anyone else think its kind of uncool that limited edition gets better armor and weapons for the tanks? Seems like it would be more unfair than CE unlocks usually are.

Anyone else think its kind of uncool that limited edition gets better armor and weapons for the tanks? Seems like it would be more unfair than CE unlocks usually are.

Yeah, it is very uncool. The extra pistols/machine gun thing is fine, but the improved armor and tank damage is stupid, "Hey, I am slightly better at Multiplayer by default because I preordered this game"

Anyways, I decided this is the game I would preorder, so I'm still okay with having that extra stuff :p.

Yeah, it is very uncool. The extra pistols/machine gun thing is fine, but the improved armor and tank damage is stupid, "Hey, I am slightly better at Multiplayer by default because I preordered this game"

Everybody gets those extras, but people that don't pre-order have to earn ranks for them first iirc.

Dont tell my wife by I preordered it pretty hard.

I haven't played the first one honestly, but it's good to know the lead singer of Weezer is one of the main characters.

Anyways, I decided this is the game I would preorder, so I'm still okay with having that extra stuff :p.

You get those by going up like, what, 3 levels anyway?

It's not like they get it and then nobody else can get it.

Why are you reading the xbox360 version of the game on gamespot?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...009/11/25/the-pc-beta-sky-is-falling-not.aspx

PC Enhanced Features
Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.

Steam

BF BC2 Pre-odering. Read it plz
Guys, I've made a thread about BF BC2 pre-ordering function. I've put myself in it

Here is the thread - http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/366771.page

So soon it will appear on Steam - It will be on Steam soon - http://twitter.com/hyphy911/status/8037353657

That came from Lincoln Hershberger who works for EA's Marketing and PR department.

Board name has also changed to Battlefield series.

My Steam page if someone would like to help me with the game and thnx. Here it is - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986331138

P.S. Steam forums will be appreciated you guys for keeping alive this thread. Thnx a lot!

If you can gift this game. Thnx. I'm from Ukraine. Not rich country. Thnx for understanding. If someone will refuse me. No problem. Just thnx for reading and thanks God for appearing BFBC2 on Steam

Casper, the community members here are not a charity. They do not gift games to people just because you define your country as 'not rich'. Ukraine sits respectably in the GDP table, and we have members from countries lower than Ukraine who aren't asking for game gifts.

This game is an expensive title for anyone living in Europe or North America too. I suggest you wait for the public beta, try the game out and decide to purchase it. If you can afford a PC which can run the high specs for this game...I'm sure you can stretch to purchase the game too.

North American residents who purchase either the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 editions of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will have to jump through some hoops to play the Squad Rush multiplayer mode within the first thirty days of the game's release. Developer DICE confirmed today that, for those thirty days following March 2, the only console players in North America that will be able to select the four-versus-four Squad Rush mode will be those that pre-order the shooter from retailer GameStop.
Har har har, finally I can say a game company other than Valve is treating PC fans right and putting the console owners in the place they deserve: http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=62076 But you can invite friends to play Squad Rush with you even if your friends didn't pre-order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sIQQYxTayUThe comments from console owners are hilarious too.

It was on for buy-it now but is no longer there, there was only one copy of it. via ea download manager.

You think that when you can come in here and just be a boss? Let me tell you I am not even afraid.

I could fight you in real life why dont you come try it tought guy.

I was not even attempting to be aggressive or a boss, so i have no idea where you got that idea from..

Where you from?

Everybody gets those extras, but people that don't pre-order have to earn ranks for them first iirc.
That's fine. The playing field will level in about 16 hours.

I severely want this game. Can't wait to get back to London.

Back