Battlefield: Vietnam movie released...

I wish I could see it. Curse you 56K

what is it like... is it worth getting a broadband connection for this and joint operations?

Wow! I expected nothing even close to this!!!

Im sorry but EoD will be blown away.

Add this to my positive games to get list.

Originally posted by mrBadger
I wish I could see it. Curse you 56K

what is it like... is it worth getting a broadband connection for this and joint operations?
Joint Ops is delayed.;(
Edit: It doesn't work. I d/led it and it doesn't work.

Uhm, wow.

High poly, nice reflections, nice animations, nice effect, nice looking game, dear god I don't want to wait!

That CCR song has been horribly overused for Vietnam scenes.

Originally posted by not28

It seems to work though, I like that song, and CCR for that matter.

Originally posted by Ender01
I like it.
Me too. But I can't listen to it without picturing a Huey chopper.

(maybe "horribly" was a bad adjective..)

Anyone know the name of the Hendrix song thats always used for Vietnam scenes?

lyric excerpt:
"there has gotta be some kinda way outta here,
said the joker to the thief"

Theres a new BFV trailer availabla at the official website now...looking even cooler.
(To answer Dimitri a few months late: All Along the Watchtower)

Hmz doesn't look that special to me? Its nice but I cant see the big wow effect? I liked the pacific scenes though

Originally posted by Direwolf
Theres a new BFV trailer availabla at the official website now...looking even cooler.

Know anywhere I can get that vid without streaming it?

Is that blod? OMG, yes it is, and it's red too!!!

Well that's all good, although I thought EA games had a strict "no blood" policy.

Damn that new movie looks bloody great!!!

Originally posted by Direwolf

Lol I found out somewhere else , thanks anyway. Ill look for this new one right now.

Looks good ,except the gooks didnt have helicopters , especially not big up-to-date ones like that.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Anyone know the name of the Hendrix song thats always used for Vietnam scenes?

lyric excerpt:
"there has gotta be some kinda way outta here,
said the joker to the thief"

All along the watchtower. It's actually written by Bob Dylan though.

EDIT:

Thought for sure you were talking about "Run Through the Jungle". That usually pops up in Vietnam flicks.

Originally posted by Dax
Is that blod? OMG, yes it is, and it's red too!!!

Well that's all good, although I thought EA games had a strict "no blood" policy.

Damn that new movie looks bloody great!!!

urr, bf1942 has blood.

Originally posted by nw909
nice animations

i think the animations of the soldiers look absolutely terrible. however the game looks really nice overall, and i can easily get over the jerky player animations.

Wow! I have to have this game man!! OMG, that trailer rocked! It's going to blow the EoD mod out of it's pants!

Another problem is with the fanbase I see now for BF1942 the odds of anyone actually helping you plan a good ambush is like 1 in a million :-/ And ambushes are the most fun part.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Another problem is with the fanbase I see now for BF1942 the odds of anyone actually helping you plan a good ambush is like 1 in a million :-/ And ambushes are the most fun part.

i know exactly what u mean. People never work as a team. When i played bf1942 nobody would work together and always go do their own thing instead of trying to help one another. Trailers always make the game look so much better than it is because people got insane amounts of teamwork goin on. Only way u might get it to work is possibly have a clan that knows they need to work together.

I see alot more team work on desert combat just so you know.

Especially when you get top of the leader board and decide to lead them.
Respect is everything :p

Back