BattleScribe - 40k

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.battlescribe.net/index.html

-Clean and simple - Controls are easy to find so you can get the job done with the minimum of fuss
-HTML output - You can save your files as HTML for sharing, or copy HTML snippets to paste into websites (with CSS styling)
-Cross-platform - Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux or any other operating system that supports Java
-Native interface - Blends in seamlessly with your operating system - no custom skin
-Extremely flexible - Can handle any game system or army
-Full toolset - Tools are provided to create or edit your own data files
-XML files - All files are saved as XML, allowing you to use them in other external tools
-It's FREE!

This is a little application that my brother has been working on over the last year, its by no means just for 40k but can be used for any wargame where you would be putting army's together.

Bascily you can import in a codex or any such similer army list and then build your army from there. It also spits out all the information into formates you can upload onto the webz.

No Tau or Space Marines yet? I'll come back later then.

It is in beta, also you are able to write up your own codex and use that. If you want tau try opening up one of the data files already there and having a go at getting the codex together.

Secondly it might be worth downloading and having a go with the armies already there just to give it a go :)

When it takes off the hope is for people to upload code's for 40k and other games for download and use! They could be using your codex!!

Nice. Looks like a good free version of that stupid armybuilder program. I'll pass it on to my girlfriend.

Yes you heard, a girlfriend that plays 40K and has Boobies.

That armybuilder program Games Workshop sold was such a ripoff. Luckily there are torrents floating about, and there's no DRM. That program works great though, if you can get it.

I'll take a look at this later.

Also you're a lying sack of shit, Angel.

Don't worry Angel, Ace doesn't believe anything unless its drawn in a shitty anime.

But I'd rather just to the grunt work involved in making an army the old fashioned way than sift through code and input all the data myself just to accomplish the same thing. So I'll wait for someone else to do it.

EDIT: How do you even use it? Theres no exe in the folder when I extract.

If it isn't drawn like anime, no go.

Man, this is awesome. I wish this existed back when I was an active 40k player.

20110912202052capture.png

Why are there a bunch of censored genitals? I only assume they're genitals anyway because they're censored.

I have no idea :)

He had some issues with games work shop getting hold of him about copy right issues and forced him to take down the sidekick datafiles website.Hence them being hosted on a random website with no association with his own. Its silly really, Games Workshop need to move into the 21st century!

Back