Benchmark CONFIRMED for September 30.....

Xcellere

Reaction score
Click here.....

There goes any chances of the game coming out on September 30. ;(

Newell endorsed ATI's graphics cards, which perform significantly better in the game, according to the provided performance scores. He also announced that the standalone Half-Life 2 benchmark will be publicly available on September 30.

Ye , the benchmark dealie, that's supposed to tell you how well Half-Life 2 will work on your computer rite?
And things are looking good for my 9600

1. Benchmark comes out September 30
2. You test your system with it
3. You decide to upgrade and make the necessary changes
4. You buy the game

I don't get where you are getting this whole delay theory.

Look people if you have a Geforce 3 or below, you can play but you won't be able to play with all settings highest...its not like the benchmark will give something secretive and amazing.

Doesn't mean that the game is delayed. :rolleyes: Strange to release a benchmark after the game has been released, true. But the press will have benchmark numbers, anyway.

Really, it's sorta late to announce a delay, don't you think?

I wouldn't say that for certain. They could just be releasing the benchmark then for the people that don't get the game the first day it's out. They probably realize that all of us geeks are gonna get it regardless of whether or not we can play it with all the settings maxed out. I've got a Geforce 4mx440 and I'm still going to buy it. (I'm intending to get a much better video card as soon as I can afford to of course, but the fact that I can't play it with settings maxed isn't going to stop me from getting the game.)

That doesnt mean the GAME isnt coming out 9/30.

Again, back to secreacy, maybe they're releasing the benchmark WITH the game....

well, i hope at least gaming sites are gonna post more benchmark results! i just wanna know how my system is gonna perform playing the game.

otherwise, i think it's a bad idea valve's not releasing the BM earlier to the public.

I dunno , maybe they will release both ? but I do remember someone from valve saying that they would release the benchmark before the game.

/me cries

It would be funny if Valve says: "Half-Life 2 is delayed", right after the game has been released for 5 days.

I post this yet a second time to get my point across:

4. You buy the game

Look people if you have a Geforce 3 or below, you can play but you won't be able to play with all settings highest...you people act like its hard to tell...its not like the benchmark will give something secretive and amazing.

urge...to..kill...riseing

THE FACT THAT THE BENCHMARK COMES OUT ON THE 30TH HAS NO ****ING THING TO DO WITH THE RELEASE DATE EXEPT THAT ITS THE SAME DAY UGGHGHHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

ut2k3 SHIPPED WITH BECHMARK TOOLS!!! there you freakin go!
it means nothing

but thanks for the link thats good stuff

?

This implies nothing about the release date of the game. The benchmark will be out to certain press sites in the next couple days, then publicly on sept.30.

R.I.F.

Originally posted by d8cam
I post this yet a second time to get my point across:

4. You buy the game

Look people if you have a Geforce 3 or below, you can play but you won't be able to play with all settings highest...you people act like its hard to tell...its not like the benchmark will give something secretive and amazing.
And because it's being released(Both Half-Life 2 and the benchmark) on September 30t, people will buy it!

errr.....err.....errrrrr.....how is that proof that the game is delayed?

-hands idiot jackass stupid bitch thread creator anti flame suit-

Originally posted by alb1221
urge...to..kill...riseing

THE FACT THAT THE BENCHMARK COMES OUT ON THE 30TH HAS NO ****ING THING TO DO WITH THE RELEASE DATE EXEPT THAT ITS THE SAME DAY UGGHGHHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

ut2k3 SHIPPED WITH BECHMARK TOOLS!!! there you freakin go!
it means nothing

but thanks for the link thats good stuff

well thats good to know :)

It may or may not be released with the game. It could be a seperate download. Nobody knows.

seems everytime valve changes there mind its apocolyptic to all the fanboys NONONO!!!!!!!!! WERE ALL GONA DIE!!!!! NO RELEASE CHANGEZORS!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

He also announced that the standalone Half-Life 2 benchmark will be publicly available on September 30.

Yeah see? If i remember correctly hardware review sites get this benchmark first.

seems everytime valve changes there mind its apocolyptic to all the fanboys NONONO!!!!!!!!! WERE ALL GONA DIE!!!!! NO RELEASE CHANGEZORS!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneone

lol changezors made me rofl

It's crazy but I never remember there being such anticipation over a game or anxiety leading up to release, but you know, to me it's all VERY well founded. I bloody can't wait!

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
Yeah see? If i remember correctly hardware review sites get this benchmark first.

Then it may leak! I don't pirate but this thing is free so its not pirating!!!

Guys, why would they release a benchmark if the game isn't done. This is DEFINETLY proof that Half-Life 2 will go gold soon. If the game is still in playtesting/development, then there can't be a benchmark for a game that Valve hasn't gotten ready. They must finish the game, then get the stuff ready for the benchmark dealie so you can test.

Originally posted by Athlon7
It's crazy but I never remember there being such anticipation over a game or anxiety leading up to release, but you know, to me it's all VERY well founded. I bloody can't wait!

hehe, the only game to my knowledge that has built up this much hype, was the release for Unreal Tournament 2003.

yeah it can leak but very unlikely because review sites dont let things like that happen. but who am I to say that it wont ? :) :bounce:

score for the ign hq janitors!

lol I can't see a guy mopping next to a computer, hacking the password on it with his 1337 haxxxors skills, then finding, uploading to a server, and then getting away clean.

Actually...it sounds easy...if you are 1337 haxxxxors

hehe, the only game to my knowledge that has built up this much hype, was the release for Unreal Tournament 2003.

and Star Wars Galaxies. I remember all the Star Wars nerds being like "omg omg omg can I be a dark jedi night and buy a death star? and if i use my force powers can i fight darth vader and buy power converters? uncle owen I already cleaned the droids waaaaaaaaaaah"

Originally posted by d8cam
lol I can't see a guy mopping next to a computer, hacking the password on it with his 1337 haxxxors skills, then finding, uploading to a server, and then getting away clean.

Actually...it sounds easy...if you are 1337 haxxxxors

1337 real life haxx0r pwnage!

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
and Star Wars Galaxies. I remember all the Star Wars nerds being like "omg omg omg can I be a dark jedi night and buy a death star? and if i use my force powers can i fight darth vader and buy power converters? uncle owen I already cleaned the droids waaaaaaaaaaah"

lol this forum is freaking hilarious tonight

....its geting closer...

**crawls back into dark cave**

remember they said the benchmark will be "standalone" which means it wont be with anything else right?

Back