benchmarking utility

BrownTown

Reaction score
VALVE said a benchmarking utility would come out before HL2, now i know that we still have at least a month till HL2 comes out, but it qwould be nice to hear a timeframe for the benchmarking utility. I really want to buy this game, but im sure you can understand not wanting to put down 60$ for a game you arent sure will run on your system. Currently the only way to test if it will is to downlaod the hacked version, but that just means you risk a lawsuit instead of 60$, but still, thats probably what most peopel are going to do till they get another way of testing thsi game..

Just compare what you have with what others who have prebought HL2 have, and work it out, seems to be the sensible thing to do.

For instance, 3000XP, 1 gig ram, 6800gt, and I get >100fps on the stress test.

I really don't think tha tyou have to worry about it as much as you did with Doom 3. HL2 seems to be much friendlier to lower-end systems than it Id counterpart.

UH..there is a HL2 benchmarking proggie...it's part of CS:S..."VIDEO STRESS TEST".

He doesn't want to pay for it.

But i think most computers will be find. Mines a AMD 2600+ (only at 1.6ghz atm cause of overheating :(), 256 mb ram, and a shitty fx5200. Does fine.

Parrot of doom said:
For instance, 3000XP, 1 gig ram, 6800gt, and I get >100fps on the stress test.

OMG! Does that mean I'll get >50fps with my 2000+, half a gig of ram and a FX 5700?

Maybe I don't understand this specification thing too well... :LOL:

Hmm. Regardless of how big it was to download, I'd be very happy to see Valve release a public benchmark, especially if it was content from the Bink videos actually rendered on my machine :naughty:

I run CS:S on an AMD 2700+, 1 GB RAM, and a freakin' GeForce4 MX.
It runs fine and looks pretty good considering. :p

I run Cs:S with an Amd Athlon Xp 2400+ 512megs of ram and a ATI Radeon 9600XT 128meg.
CS:S runs like a charm.

p4 3GHz 1GB of ram geforce 6800 ultra and it runs ok

ok as in perfect

amd 2000+ 1.67gig, 512mb ddr ram, radeon 9600xt, 60fps on stress test. CS: Source i never get below 30 fps, even in 64 player servers, its cool :D . I capped my fps at 60 on cs and i hit and stay at 60 a lot. Hope that helps your determin yours.

lol, i want to know if this game woudl run in i had a frikin 9600xt, thats one of the best cards for this game available (certianly best for the $$$)

problem with VST is that it costs 50$, VALVE said it would be free...

That is probably about the stupidest remark I've heard, what if I'm running a 1.3 Ghz computer with onboard graphics? I doubt my Pentium 4 could jug out much in term of graphical beauty. Come on now, if you're going to give advice it may as well be good advice.

I doubt my Pentium 4 could jug out much in term of graphical beauty. Come on now, if you're going to give advice it may as well be good advice.

800x600. Nobody said anything about it being beautiful, just that it ran.

You actually think that a P4 1.3 GHz with onboard GFX would run CS:S fine at 800x600? ... come on!

I actually run CSS with almost all goodies on and get a rather stable 30fps with a 9600xt, 1700+ (and that's 1433MHz) and 768mb sdram. I'm planning on getting a 2800+, hope that'll make it even smoother, now i get slideshow every now and then when having over ten objects flying, for instance a granade explosion on the Italian marketplace..

Back