Best 80's bands/Music

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
the 80's had a large variety of music genre's unlike today where most musical styles are cookie cutters of each other. List some of your fave bands from the 80's:

in no particular order

Fishbone
the Selector
The Specials
Pixies
Echo and the bunnymen
the smiths
General Public
Police
The Jam/Paul weller
New Order
The Mighty Lemon Drops
Clash
the Cure
Stone roses
Joy Division

there are many other bands in other genres but I tried to stick to music that was easily identifyable as 80's music

You win the "most threads in 10 minutes" award.

Pink Floyd.

Best and 80 bans in one sentence :O Well thats a contradiciton in terms. :p

Actually, out of your list I would say
The Smiths,
Clash,
some of The Cure,
The Specials,
Police
and perhaps some of Stone Roses.

There are other bands that I like, but normally its just a few songs, being as I'm not exactly an 80's music buff.

pink floyd was a 70's band ..they lost Roger waters before the 80's ..they were only a shadow of their former selves ...but they were a great band

oh and thank you :)

farrow I agree ...a lot of 80's music is putrid ...madonna, Bananarama, Wham ...but some great music came out of that era: Ska, punk, new wave (not the crappy Flock of seagulls kind)

CptStern said:
pink floyd was a 70's band ..they lost Roger waters before the 80's ..they were only a shadow of their former selves ...but they were a great band
They were still popular in the early 80s, weren't they?

1983 - The Final Cut, Roger Waters and all. Awesome album, if you want to be depressed. Maybe I'm just reading this wrong? I don't pay attention to dates, really.

I was mostly basing it on the "Best band's" part. ;)

Stevie Ray Vaughan. His version of Hendrix' Voodoo Child is absolutely amazing! I have him on DVD!

I love the 80s music, some of my favourites are The Police, Depeche Mode, Elton John, Bangles and Europe. :)

Champ said:
Stevie Ray Vaughan. His version of Hendrix' Voodoo Child is absolutely amazing! I have him on DVD!

This man speaks the truth, such an awesome guitarist. Is it the DVD...

/me checks his DVDs...

...the Live from Austin, Texas one? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, dad picked it up cheap :)

Edit - Oh, it's barely 80's music, but Dream Theater.

Bad^Hat said:
This man speaks the truth, such an awesome guitarist. Is it the DVD...

/me checks his DVDs...

...the Live from Austin, Texas one? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, dad picked it up cheap :)

Edit - Oh, it's barely 80's music, but Dream Theater.

Indeed it is. Check it out! It's excellent!

Champ said:
Indeed it is. Check it out! It's excellent!

Just watched Voodoo Chile. Awesome stuff. What's with the scarf though? It kept getting all up in his strings, that must bother him.

Back