Best adventure game?

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good adventure game, singleplayer only.

I've played Monkey Island and Little Big Adventure, just wondering what else I could go out and get?

Little Big Adventure rocked, so anything with similiar story line or gameplay would be awsome. Is there only 1 and 2 of LBA?

Thanks.

YESH.

Broken Sword (all three), Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey, its sequel Dreamfall (when it comes out), The White Chamber and that Blade Runner-esque one that I've forgotten the name of. EDIT: Beneath a Steel Sky.

Played the Broken Swords, best point and click ever. Although got stuck in a forest on one of them, just went round and round in circles.

I will try Grim Fandango, got alot of hype.

Hype well-deserved. It's challenging and hilarious. Just make sure you patch the thing, because there's a certain puzzle later on that new computers move to fast for, and you won't be able to beat it.

Another adventure game you might want to look at is Omikron, if you can find it (and if you do it'll only be about $5). Some people didn't like it because it tries to combine too many genres, but it's mostly adventure and had a pretty interesting story.

OCARINA OF TIME. No contest. Best game ever = best adventure game ever.

The other Zelda games are good too.

JNightshade said:
OCARINA OF TIME. No contest. Best game ever = best adventure game ever.

The other Zelda games are good too.

False, Best Game Ever = DOOM & DOOM 2 (doom3 is teh poop)

Nope. Nothing comes close to the feel, gameplay, characters, levels, world... god, just nothing comes close. Doom 1 & 2 are awesome FPSs, yes, but they don't compare to OoT.

I never liked zelda much... I've only played the originals/gameboy ones though.

Que-Ever said:
I never liked zelda much... I've only played the originals/gameboy ones though.

Well you're missing out. The best zelda game is Link to the Past for snes.

You know, I'd probably agree with you if I were maybe 5-10 years older, or had an SNES. See, Ocarina of Time was my 3rd console game EVER, and it changed everything. Part of the reason I like it so much is because it was such a part of my childhood. So if I'd grown up with A Link to the Past, that would probably be my favorite.

Secret of mana for SNES is pretty good too (the gameplay is pretty similar to Zelda). For the PC, Grim Fandango is very good.

If you want something different, try the Leisure Suit Larry series.

The Secret Of Moneky Island

Single... Greatest... Game... Of... All... Time.

Screw Link, Screw Freeman, Screw namesless Doom guy.

Threepwood is God.

(Also The Longest journey, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle and LOOM are all good)

OoT, while being the best games ever, is NOT AN ADVENTURE GAME. I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for a Sierra/LA style adventure, not an action/adventure/orgasm...

My vote goes to any Lucas Arts game (you say you've played Monkey Island... I trust you mean all four...). Sierra adventures are a little too... hardcore. If you like impossible puzzles and dying every other screen, King's Quest can't be beat! I'd say Quest for Glory series is the best from Sierra, and I'd urge you to try them out. They are RPG-lite flavored adventures, but the battles and stats and whatnot don't detract at all from the story and adventure-gameness.

EDIT - Hoodoo gumbo man speaks truth.

I don't have the patience for most adventure games.

Played Grim Fandango..very atmospheric but almost impossibly hard. The only adventure game I ever really got into was Monkey Island 3, Voodoo is right on that one!

How I pine for a mug of grog, and to battle fellow swashbucklers with my witty retorts... *sigh*

FULL THROTTLE

I can't believe it hasn;t been mentioned yet. Followed by The Dig, and then Secret of Monkey Island.

Mutley said:
Little Big Adventure rocked, so anything with similiar story line or gameplay would be awsome. Is there only 1 and 2 of LBA?

The man behind the original LBA (Frederick Raynal) is currently forming a new development studio called Ludoid.

Right now he's hunting for publisher support regarding an ambitious new project. Yes: Little Big Adventure 3 :D

It's coming!

Belive!!
:bounce:

Grim Fandango, Zeldas, a little known game for the Mega Drive called Soilel.

Icarusintel said:
FULL THROTTLE

I can't believe it hasn;t been mentioned yet. Followed by The Dig, and then Secret of Monkey Island.

Every Lucas Arts game includes Full Throttle. :(

Grim Fandango hands down. When I was young that game was so amazing.

Mutley said:
I'm looking for a good adventure game, singleplayer only.

I've played Monkey Island and Little Big Adventure, just wondering what else I could go out and get?

Thanks.

I reckon there should be a LBA: Source :D . I seriously loved the second game, the 1st one didn't support 98SE so (at the time I didn't know much about the inner workings of a comp.) I never played it ;(

Noobulon said:
The man behind the original LBA (Frederick Raynal) is currently forming a new development studio called Ludoid.

Right now he's hunting for publisher support regarding an ambitious new project. Yes: Little Big Adventure 3 :D

It's coming!

Belive!!
OH MY GOD MY CHILDHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE

<edit1>

You can use a Dos emulator like DosBox to play some classics like Discworld 1, and 2 but its hard to get 2 running, Kings quest 5-7 and 8 if you into that kinda stuff. You can also play Day of the Tentical which is awesome. I'm thinking of some other games... Full throttle (awesome^2) $$ Sam and Max Hit The Road (awesome^3). if your looking at something newer you can always play Syberia which was pretty fun but ends kinda gay so make sure to get Syberia 2 also. Lets see what else... I'll post more as it come to me. If you like relentless(LBA1), and you like Zelda OOT games you'l like Beyond good and evil.

<edit2> if your into horror type games by the same guy who made Little Big Adventure you should check out Alone in the Dark 1, 2, 3 (the fourth sucks and wasn't made by original creator) i also heard he made a game called Time Commando but i never played it.

Yup, any old Lucasarts title will satisfy greatly and I must mention Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis because it is right up there at the top of my list, along with The Dig (!) and Monkey Island 2.

More modern adventures that are great are Syberia 1 and 2, Still Life, The Moment of Silence, Indigo Prophecy, Runaway, The Longest Journey, and SO many more coming out this year! Its going to be an incredible year for adventure gaming fans! :thumbs:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (best ever made), The Dig (great!), Prisoner of Ice (although its quite short), Tex Murphy Overseer :rolleyes: and Gabriel Knight 3

Noobulon said:

It's coming!

Belive!!

AWSOME!

Got Grin Fadango today (£3 in the sale bin :eek:). So will give it a bash.

Back