Best Intro/ending Sequence evar?

NeLi

Reaction score
I love CGI movies in games! I just think they're a great way to introduce the story and stuff. So, which intro is your favourite ever?

Mine has to be the protoss ending in Starcraft. It was just sooo cool at the time.

Here's another awesome one:

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=DOWFinal_Seq_free.wmv (just click either the Bittorent or direct download button)

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War intro movie.

The intro from the original UFO: Enemy Unknown. Especially the music...

The winning ending out of X-Com: Interceptor.

Brian Damage said:
The intro from the original UFO: Enemy Unknown. Especially the music...

The winning ending out of X-Com: Interceptor.

Oooh, I never got around and finished that game. How was the ending?

Every cutscene in StarCraft was pure class.

If I had to vote a best, I'd say WC3: TFT's intro was awesome on almost all levels.
From what I've seen of the WoW cutscene CGI, it's going to be even better.

Armed and Dangerous. Actually any cutscenes in that are amazingly funny.

The intro part with the credits and all on The Chronicles of Riddick. When the warden yells "PRISONER WALKING" and you are taken into the prison, with the awesome music, and then "Vivendi Universal Presents" appears on the screen as you walk down... Man, it gives me chills every time.

Are you all forgetting Final Fantasy VII and VIII?

Starcraft too btw.

I loved the intro for Chrono Cross, the CGI, the music, perfect, simple perfection. In the ending, I'd have to go with Ocarina of Time, I love loop endings.

the starcraft "zerg from fan" movie

oh man, me and my friends used to watch that over and over with the volume turned up!

NeLi said:
Oooh, I never got around and finished that game. How was the ending?

Rather good, with a little of the humour present throughout the rest of the game... you want a description? 's been a while since I saw it...

Brian Damage said:
Rather good, with a little of the humour present throughout the rest of the game... you want a description? 's been a while since I saw it...

Well... What happened to the Alien invasion? :borg:

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces

had a sweet intro movie, it was pure class

"Why hesitate? Strike me down"

CoD intro, i love it.
CoD really has its own world war 2 idea which was is great. It really was the best WW2 experince. I mean battlefield 1942 was more of a, get in a tank or plane and kill everything. It wasn't ment to immerse you into ww2.

CoD has a really nice intro, and i just love it.

I really liked the ones of Mechwarrior 4 and BF1942.

Originally Posted by Dux
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War intro movie.

Yea
its awesome !!

Hence the link in the first post.

I really like the intro of Freedom fighters...the idea of the USSR taking over the USA is awsome..in a macabre sort of way.

Final Fantasy 8 had a brilliant intro and ending. I still say it's a vastly underrated game.

the CGI work from ninja gaiden was ****ing amazing! love every miunte of that game!

PEACE

Mike

I'd say the intro to Half-Life has to be my favorite of all time. Best ending? I'll go with Fallout 2, just because of the sheer number of different possibilites of what ending you get.

fallout 2 had the best boss ending, the was that mother****er goes down

best

death

ever
Frank mother ****ing Horrigan is dead!

Believe it or not, I enjoyed the opening cutscene to Far Cry. The calmness of the open seas, to the explosions on the boat, to falling into a volcano. Then the action picks up with the creatures and the marines, and the tension. It was really effective. The ending was bland though.

Dino Crisis was the first game that I experienced with full CG cutscenes, and the intro one with the team parachuting on the island, to the tango with the T-rex, made me smile. The multiple CG endings were interesting to see (my favorite involving the helicopter).

Diablo II had some interesting CG work but the most memorable would be the one involving Tyreal (towards the middle). The levels were a pain to get through because they were too big and repetative, but the thrill of seeing the next cutscene kept me playing. The end cutscene also left much to be desired, and was really a set-up for the expansion pack.

Well, there's a few different ones that haven't been mentioned. I guess by the process of elimination Far Cry would have the best intro and Dino Crisis the best ending. I relly need to play more games with CG cutscenes (working through Painkiller as we speak).

NeLi said:
Well... What happened to the Alien invasion? :borg:

Well, that depends on how you play the end mission. If you get through the black hole into the aliens' pocket universe, you then have to launch a nova missle into the star at the center, in order to destroy their Doomsday Weapon. If, after doing so, you don't get back to the carrier in time, the ending, from memory, shows the black hole collapsing, or something like that, with an X-Com pilot floating past in the foreground. If you get out in time, you see your ships flying around, and a yelling sectoid floating past, IIRC...

At this point, the storyline of the X-Com universe goes a little weird (it was supposed to be explained in X-Com: Alliance, but that was never finished), as the next lot of aliens, the ones that pop up in X-Com: Apocalypse, aren't the familiar ones from the first three games...

:dozey: I loved the CoD intro, pulled me in, it was very intense, had my neck hairs sticking up. Best ending i'd say goes to MGS2.

Javert said:
Are you all forgetting Final Fantasy VII and VIII?

Starcraft too btw.

agreed!
those were awesome intros.. i was in awe watching them.. :smoking:

Intro: Grim Fandango
Pure Class

Ending: hmmmm......Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
It was just majestic

Intro: Vietcong, I like the fact that you are on a huey flying to your base, shows off the Vietnam countryside.

Ending: Mafia, a very sad ending (I won't give it away) because of the connection you feel with the character over the course of the game.

Ooh, Warcraft 3 had a nice ending too. Although a bit grey.

MGS2 for me. I loved the cinematic feel to it. It would make a badass movie with Hideo doing the directing...hell...it felt like a movie.

Intro: Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War
Outro: Final Fantasy VIII

Ya im going to have to go with MGS2. Everytime I turned on my xbox I had to watch the intro befor I Played the game.

Back