Best of HL1

gel

Reaction score
Thought I would try and change the subject around here, if you don't want to read this that's fine... just don't post here saying you didn't want to read it :)

This is mainly HLDM and it is what I mostly play funnily enough, I decided to put together some stuff that you may find interesting, so give them a try and see what ya think.

Demos
This is probably the best player out there in my opinion. What you need is the AGmod (v6.3 direct download) to run these demos, and if you want a good demoplayer I recommend SKPlayer (aka geekplayer). Watch the demos and you'll see why I think he's the top player.Movies
There are some nice .avi movies made, full list can be found here.. basically I taken the ones with the trophy beside them (only ones I've seen anyhow, personally I thought all of them were a good watch).
  • HL: CS Fanvideos | 145MB | direct download
    I recommend their second video, their first looks rough in comparsion. Don't be fooled about the foreign language singing at the beginning (subtitled in english), it is pretty amusing in parts with superb quality.
  • HL: MAXXED | 35MB | direct download
    A smaller file size than the others, but caters just as good as them. This movie flicks between top players, viewing playing style and shots, nicely put together.
  • HL: di.avi | 405MB | direct download
    I like this one for the trick jumping, I think it's about half way through (the whole movie is good btw, but the trick jumping just does it for me).
  • HL: Reloaded | 86MB | direct download
    This one features speed, shots and some trick jumps of the maker of this movie, again very well put together from start to finish.
  • HL: The CAN War | 70MB | direct download
    I didn't really like the start during the intro, but when the fighting scenes get started it makes it worth the download.
Active Leagues and Cups
If you were interested in following up clans or players then you may find them in one of the these:

nice man................................nice :) :) :cheers:

Yeah same, and good idea of changing the subject...

Thanks, didn't really know where to post it :)

the movie links dont seem to work for me.. checking out the demos :)

Originally posted by un0x
You will be able to download "HL: CS Fanvideos" and "HL: di.avi" as they have different hosts. The others only have the one (cs-videos) which is down for a couple days due to updating hardware on their machines I think.

I'll post here again when they have their ftp back up.

Originally posted by un0x
It's back up and working now incase youre still interested.

If there are people out there still interested in this stuff, I've updated an the article here:

http://www.hlccl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42375

It includes a guide tellin ya HOW to play the demos.

Back